Sunday, June 7

Pink Nail Polish, Ice Cream and Morgan Freeman

Update about Yesterday...

So as promised, the weather remained cloudy, with spurts of rain and snow off and on all day. Mum and I went and got our nails done by a bunch of small, ageless Vietnamese women. They thought we were sisters. Mum was thrilled, especially since her 39th birthday is only a skip around the corner. My toe nails are an electric teal colour, and my nails are pink. You only live once, right? I guess it depends on your religious beliefs.

We went into the city to try and see My Life in Ruins... unfortunately, everyone else had the same plan and the movie was sold out. In fact, every movie was sold out. I've never seen a movie theatre that packed. We were like cows being herded by yapping border collies with superiority complexes. Or lemmings, following the lead of one or two to cliffs edge- except there were no cliffs. Pity. I wouldn't have minded peering over the edge.

We ended up at my aunt's house. While the others picked out a movie, I sat on her beige couch being drooled on by her Basset Hound, Winston. I've never seen ears that big. Ears shouldn't be heavy unless they are elephant ears. Her other dog Tuffie, a black Scottish Terrier, sat there staring at me and Winston as if we needed supervision; his little pink tongue visible through his under bite.

10 minutes later I was eating vanilla ice cream and watching Shawshank Redemption. I could listen to Morgan Freeman talk all day. If he's narrating a movie, I promise you, it is worth watching. But besides that, Shawshank Redemption is an amazing movie. I will say nothing other than: watch it. It falls under the classics like The Green Mile, and Schindler's List. It will make you cry. It will make you laugh, and it will make you question human nature in a way I have never seen before- and yes, I am a movie connoisseur. It makes you despair, and it gives you hope. Ultimately, it is a movie about humanity.

On that note, I will leave you as you look up the movie on IMDB.

1 comment:

  1. Haha awe, I used to have a mastiff named Winston. He drooled like a son of a b.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...