Saturday, August 1

Green Polish

So I'm sitting here, in my parents office waiting for my emerald green toe nail polish to dry so that I can go to bed. I know it's still early, but I'm just too tired to stay up any longer. I wrote maybe 10 words before I fell asleep at my laptop in a very uncomfortable position. My Mum woke me up suggesting I go to bed, LOL. But of course, I had a few things left to do before I went to sleep, one of them being the aforementioned nail polish.

This means, that tomorrow I must write about 3000 words to meet quota. Yippee! I know I can do it, but whether or not I can do it tomorrow is the real question. You see, I have to get up at the ungodly hour of 6:30am to get ready to go to a Heritage Days breakfast at the Holiday Inn. Are you sensing my excitement? It's fairly bursting out of me.

Normally I wouldn't go to these things. When I was younger we did go to the co-op breakfast and the Legion breakfast, but that was because I was young and yadda, yadda, yadda. Now? Now I'd much rather sleep in. As would my parents. I think my love of sleep and staying up late is the only real connection I have to people my age.

Anyway, my grandmother is living in town now, so she wants the whole family to go. I don't know how fun she thinks it's going to be. Everyone is going to be blurry eyed and cranky. And on top of that, I'll be lost in my own little writing world, lamenting the fact that I didn't get to stay up the night before (tonight) to write. Yes I'm tired, but I'm generally tired at this time, LOL. But I can stay up to write because I know I'll get to sleep in till 9 or 10. Not so tomorrow. Which means, no writing tonight.

Oh and to make matters worse, rather than getting to crawl back into bed after the breakfast, we must go sit at the town's parade for 2 hours. AND THEN my parents are having a BBQ. Ugh.

Yes, apparently I'm in a whiny mood. Sorry about that everyone. Tomorrow's might be the same way, especially if I get no time to write. But I'll try to post something happy. Maybe I'll even have pictures to show you all (I'll be the pasty white kid with dark circles under her eyes and a look that clearly states I'm pissed).

=]

What are your plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that. I used to love big events like that, but nowadays I'm just not motivated. The last time I went to our county fair or parade was a couple years ago. There's really only so much farm equipment and livestock I can handle.

    I hope tonight brings some writing and some sleep for you. (Okay... for both of us.) ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, I grew up in the country. Weekends were spent playing tag in the livestock pens and swimming in the canals. So seeing everything marched by isn't exactly exciting to see.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...