Sunday, July 26

New Goals...Or Old Ones Rehashed

So like the title says, new goals... or more specifically, old ones rehashed. Like I've said before, my weekly goal used to be 9000 words a week. Not even 3 days into my 5 week vacation I realized that wasn't going to happen. In fact, I barely wrote a thing that whole time. But I couldn't get the story out of my head... which I take to be a good sign.

Now, in the past 2 days I've written 3000 words, so I'm feeling pretty confident about making 9000 my goal again. I always start the new week on Sunday and then count my week finished when I close the computer Saturday night / early morning, whenever I finally go to bed.

I would really like to finish the rough draft of this story before I start school again (September 6th is residence move in day... oh yipee!) I think that's a relatively reasonable goal. It would make my life a whole lot easier if I could have that finished and just work on revision... because as an English major, History minor, I'm writing enough essays during the year that I won't have a whole lot of time to devote to a story. That's not to say I won't be writing one, however, LOL.

Since I brought it up, I guess I'll explain. I plan on finishing the rough draft of Forever by school, then working on revisions for the next month and a half-ish while brainstorming for my next story. Then for the rest of the school year, I'll focus on finding an agent willing to take me on ;) and write my new story.

Sound like a plan, Stan?

I'll update you later on tonight (probably before I finally go to bed) on how writing went. Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

  1. Good plan! I'm sure all of your hard work will bring you great rewards - like the book deal of your dreams.

    What era do you write in? I write Medievals, but am also plotting a Georgian era paranormal romance.

    There just never seems to be enough time in the day to write. I rarely manage to write more than an hour or two a day. But I refuse to give up on my dream. I'm impressed by your dedication to the craft. It's so inspiring!

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope so!

    I'm currently writing a Regency. I've always loved that era, so it just seemed natural for me to write it. However, that being said, I do have a few Medieval highlander stories floating around. So, eventually I'll need a break from Regency and I'll write one or two of those.

    Do you write Medieval Scotland?

    A Georgian era paranormal?!?! That's so neat! Most of the paranormals I've read are contemporary. And after a while they all seem the same (unless it’s Kresley Cole's paranormals, LOL). You'll have to let me know how that goes!

    And I know what you mean, especially when I’m in school. I'm a night writer (sounds dangerous doesn't it? ;) so I get in probably about 3 hours a day.
    And good for you! Writing is a tough industry, but in the end it'll be worth it! You just have to encourage yourself to keep going and surround yourself with people who understand.

    And thank you so much, you just made my evening =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. My WIPS are set in England and Wales, but I plan to set future books in Scotland.

    I'm not too fond of contemporary romance novels...unless they have vampires or shapeshifters in them. I like Kresley Cole and Lara Adrian. And I LOVE the Dirk & Steele series by Marjorie M. Liu. Have you read any of her books? They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neato!

    I'm not a fan either. I read books to get away from the real world! No, I haven't read any of her books but I'll be sure to check them out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...