Tuesday, August 11

Feelin' Guilty

Like my title says, I feel guilty. Why, you ask?

I didn't write yesterday.

I planned and plotted a little bit, and did some of those sorts of things, but when it came time for me to write I just couldn't. I had such a bad headache that looking at the computer screen was akin to torture. And since my wrists are just awful, writing with pen and paper was out of the question.

I know it wasn't my fault, but I felt bad. Shrugs.

So what did I do instead? I read J.R. Ward's Dark Lover. I loved it. I've heard from soooo many people that her books are worth reading, but I just wasn't very interested in them. Until the conference. That's when I decided to pick up her first book. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to start the series until yesterday. At first Mum was reading it, and then after that I was so caught up in my writing I didn't want to read anything else. However, since reading it I now understand what all the hype is about.

Although she is not my favourite paranormal writer (-waves at Kresley Cole with adoration-) she is now my second favourite. The world she has created is very well thought out and very interesting. I found her multiple POV's fascinating (she has at least six in the book) and her writing style is very fresh and entertaining. But most of all? I loved her guys. She is very good at capturing how guys move, how they think and how they talk - especially around each other. She is also very good at giving the reader just enough information about the other characters to get them fascinated enough to buy the next book -glances at the four other Ward books now on my shelf-

All in all, I'd recommend it.

In other news, I hopped back onto the writing wagon and banged out 2000 words today. Surprising since I had another headache and the day was just dragging by slowly. Perhaps more tomorrow?

Anyway, I'm going to go relax with the next in Ward's series Lover Eternal. Hey, I think as long as I'm not skimping on my own story I'm fine. Besides, you need to rest every so often so you don't get creatively drained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...