Tuesday, August 4

Monday Post

Today I wrote 3028 words, effectively catching me up on what I was unable to write last week, while still staying up to date for this week! Yay! It was surprisingly easy once I got started. All in all it didn't take me that long either, especially if you consider facebook stops, twitter updates and msn, LOL. Darn the Internet!

The only problem I had today was dealing with something I wrote yesterday, LOL. Although, I have a general idea of where my story is going, I don't always know how I'm going to get from point A to point B, which leaves my characters with a lot of power to do whatever they want. Well, one thing led to another and suddenly I'm staring at dialogue I hadn't expected, but that completely suited my characters. I will admit, I tried to fiddle with it and change it to how I wanted it originally, but in the end, I gave my characters what they wanted. After all, it is their story, I'm just the instrument with which they tell it.

What about you? Do your characters ever do something you didn't foresee?

5 comments:

  1. This happens to me all the time. I just go with the flow, and it usually works out fine. Sometimes, though, I get led in a totally weird direction and have to backtrack. I hate that part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on meeting your word count goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. It can get really annoying.

    Thanks Jennifer =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yeah. My characters often have minds of their own. It's freaky sometimes and sometimes thrilling - depending, I guess, on the results! Hope this new twist works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! So far its working fabulously. Guess they know better than I do, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...