Wednesday, September 16

The Biggest Sin in Writing

I know everyone has heard this over and over again, but I figure I would post a small blurb about it as well. What is the number one, golden rule to writing? Don't Confuse Your Readers!

Say it with me now... Don't Confuse Your Readers!

In all honesty, it's shocking how many novels I've read where I got so lost it was impossible to find my way back out. And trust me, I'm not one to get lost in words easily. I also remember a lot of information (especially if I find it interesting). So for me to get lost is just sad. Really, really sad.

So here's a quote from the 2009 movie, I Love You Man that I thought worked perfectly with the theme of this post. By the way, if you haven't seen it, you should. My roomie Meg and I watched it last week and I love it! It is so cute! A little inappropriate at parts, but nothing a teenager can't watch.

Peter- "I will see you there or I will see you on another time."

Sydney- "That was very confusing, I don't know if you are going to show up or not."

=D

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree! Second biggest sin is probably being boring. Imagine a book that's both?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...