Tuesday, September 8

Tuesday

Sighs.
.
So as you have probably noticed, I haven't posted in awhile. I wish I could claim that I'm going to post right now to make it up to you guys, but I'm really not feeling it. I'm really tired and not exactly in a very chipper mood right now. I will however, tell you that move-in on Sunday went smoothly. Got up freakishly early (6:30am), loaded up the truck (Mum has pictures, I'll try and post them this weekend when I go home) and then drove into Calgary and moved me in.
.
.
I'm on the 5th floor this year and in a different building. It's weird. I haven't gotten confused and tried to go into the other building...yet. But give me a few days, I'll probably try it. I was on the same floor of A building for two years, so when I'm really tired I may forget I don't live there anymore... Anyway, I got a slightly smaller room but a bigger closet. So I'm happy. But yeah, met the new roommates: Brandi and Jenna. Dunno what to think yet, none of us have really hung out or even really talked. But at least I have my Megs.
.
.
All in all it went pretty quickly. After move-in we went out for lunch and then went grocery shopping. After that my parents left me for yet another year. Sighs. I'm not sure a 19 year old girl is supposed to miss her parents this much (especially when I see at least one of them tomorrow for my wrist appointment).
.
.
Oh, and instead of using our ID cards to get into the apartment, we now have these cool black key things. Mine is pictured below. What you have to do is stick it into the keyhole (also pictured below) and wait until the light flashes green. When it does its open. Neat, huh?

My keys =]


My door


Alright, that's enough from me for now. I will try and post about the Highland Games later on tonight but I'm just bleh right now.

How was your day?

3 comments:

  1. Weird key thingie, but how cool it that? I don't think it's strange that you miss your folks. I'm almost 40 and I miss my mom like crazy. She's my best friend (after Hubby, of course), but she's in Michigan and I'm in Colorado. That's what they make phones for. (And the outrageous phone bills that come with it.) ;o)

    I hope you have an awesome year at school. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got all settled in your new place. It's not strange to miss your parents. I cried like baby when I moved away from parents to live in another state...and I was almost 30 at the time.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B.E.- I know! The only downside with the key is that we actually have to lock the door with it when we leave. With the keycard the door was always locked, LOL!

    B.E./ Jenn- It's good to know I'm not alone. Sometimes I feel weird because all of my friends (excluding my roommate, Meg) aren't close to their parents. When with me, I'm really good friends with both of them.

    And thank you both for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...