Thursday, September 10

WIP Wednesday


Hello everyone, sorry about the lack of posts recently. I promise once I get back into the swing of things I'll post more often. Promise. You can even get my Mum to hold me at glare-point (hah, rather than gun point, get it? Man I need to sleep...)
.
Sadly, I haven't done much with my story since last Wednesday. I know over the past few days I probably could have written something, but I'm still not used to being back in school where there is so much noise. I'm a heavy sleeper and I've been woken up numerous times by the over exuberant screams of the freshmen and the cynical taunts and catcalls from the seniors. And I'm on the 5th floor.
.
Sighs.
.
At least I'm out of range for "eggings." I hope. Well, come to think about it, if they can get an egg up here to the 5th floor, then they deserve to.
.
Anyway, the clinical feel of my room hasn't helped either. Luckily I've covered a lot of my room in beautiful posters and funny little snippets of the "Get Fuzzy" cartoon. I shall try and post pictures soon!
.
But... I've gotten off track. I know I haven't written much (maybe 3 pages) but I feel better about the story. I'm hoping once I get some homework done tomorrow that I'll have the whole weekend to write. (FYI I start my 3rd year tomorrow. Wish me luck!)
.
Oh, and I think you'll all be happy to know that I'm feeling optimistic about writing while in school. Everyone may have to deal with me waving them away but I can do school and write. I know I can. It's just going to be a lot of scheduling and work. And probably some whiny posts. Sorry!
.
I'm hoping I can leave the weekends open to reading for school (and little assignments) and writing my story. I know it won't always be that way, but I'm going to try...
.
Crossing fingers.
.
So how are your stories coming along?
.
*I just looked at last week's WIP post and actually, I have come a long way since then. About 3000 words (not bad considering) and I worked my way out of that sticky situation by deleting that whole character. I know I talked about it another post, that's why I was getting confused!*

3 comments:

  1. It's tough to write when your days are busy with other stuff (like school or work), but it's doable if you set goals for yourself and keep focused. You can do it, I know you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3K words is awesome considering what you've been up to lately. My work? It's moving along nicely, but handwriting the WIP is so slow. (Faster than not writing at all, though, so I guess I've nothing to complain about.)

    Keep up the good words. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn- Yeah it is! I honestly don't know how you do it with a full time job! Thank you for the encouragement!!!

    B.E.- Thanks! I hadn't realized how much I had actually written until I went back and checked!

    I can't imagine handwriting a WIP. But you do have the right of it. At least this way you're writing! And you're mixing it up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...