Wednesday, September 16

WIP Wednesday

Wow, is it already Wednesday? Crazy! I didn't even think about a WIP Wednesday post until I spotted it on another blog! Good thing I saw it, hmm?

Anyway, I haven't written anything for my story since Sunday. I'm sad about it, but that's okay. I got loads done last weekend and I hope to get even more done this weekend!

But moving on. I finished a huge, pivotal scene in the story and I quite like it! I think it is witty and interesting and it really gives a lot of insight to the heroine and another major character and how they interact with each other and other people. After that I tackled revisions on a scene I had written back in, oh, I don't know. April? Perhaps? Well, I was worried about reading it and working it back into the story, mainly because I wasn't sure if it was actually any good. Luckily I had nothing to worry about! I still love the scene! Yay!

While writing that scene I also realized some things about other characters that I can't wait to work in! I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be so excited about the eventual revision of my whole manuscript, but I am. I'm slowly inching my way closer to the end and I'm really excited about it.

How is your WIP coming along?

4 comments:

  1. Ahh reading this Nattie just makes me so excited to read your book! Just hearing about it every week makes me anxious for it to be out! :) and obviously you're just a fabulous writer so I know it'll be greeeeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE getting to the end of a wip and starting with all the changes I saw coming along the way. It sounds like you have a lot of enthusiasm for your story, keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to be excited about your WIP! It's one of the ways to keep motivated.

    I tend to revise as I go, which makes me a slow writer. I need to jump the hurdle and push forward instead of spending so much time on rewrites. I want to write THE END before I'm too old to type!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Court- Aww thanks!

    Diana- Thanks!!

    Jenn- I agree!
    I used to revise as I went...Alright, in truth I still do that a lot. To me the paragraph or chapter etc... must be good before I can move on. However, I've started using the nifty "notes" device in Word. It has helped a lot with me just moving on when something is bugging me because I just put a note about it! Then I start the next day by reading over those notes and fixing what I can if I can.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...