Wednesday, September 23

WIP Wednesday


It's that time of the week again folks! WIP Wednesday! Yay! I'm sure you've all just been dying to hear what I've been up to! And yes, I know it's rather late in the night to be posting this but as the saying goes, it's better late than never!

Anyway, I once again have not written much during the week. It seems I only get to write on the weekends, which sucks. Oh well. My parents are paying for school, so it's more important. But anywho, last weekend I edited 3 more scenes, one of which I think explains my hero's character extremely well. In fact, I LOVE that scene. I only had to change some very minor things (related to a plot twist I changed slightly in other chapters) and take out some of the flowery description so that it sounded 100% like a guy. I thought it was good at that before, but now... Now it's wonderful! I found myself reading it instead of editing it, which is a good sign in my opinion. It means I'm enjoying reading it even though I know what's going to happen.

So this weekend I plan on editing more scenes and building up some of the minor characters so that their personality shines without me having to say a whole lot about them. This weekend will also be tricky because I'm coming upon the character (Madeline) I have decided to delete, so I'm going to have to start deleting a lot of that and rewriting the scene with this other character I have (Katherine). Wow, this sounds really confusing. Ah, well. That's really it for now. My brain is kinda dead from school. I may think of more stuff later. Who knows.

But to end tonight, I thought I'd open up the floor to any and all questions you guys have. They can be about writing, school, or anything really. However, I do have the right to not answer, LOL!

And my question for you guys...

So how are your stories coming along?

6 comments:

  1. The WIP is coming along nicely. Thank you for asking. =o) I'm really enjoying writing for the first time in a while.

    Here's a question for ya: I have a tough enough time writing and teaching homeschool. (And the Daughter is mostly self-sufficient.) How do you write and go to college without going nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. B.E.,
    Good question! I'm going nuts over here trying to write and work at my day job. It's tough, to say the least.

    Natalie,
    Yay for you! Doesn't it feel great to read what you wrote and love it. Have fun editing this weekend!

    Yesterday I finally finished writing a scene I decided to add to Chapter One months ago. Now I have to add a few more scenes, then I'll work on rewrites and that pesky sagging middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My WIP just got a new beginning. All week I've been trying to decide which version I like better. Decisions, decisions.

    We need more weekends so we can write more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. B.E- That's great! I hope it keeps up for you!

    Jenn- Thanks! I can't wait to get started! Just need to finish a few more pesky items on my 'to do' list.

    Yay! Good for you! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

    Karen- Ah, so you did change the beginning? What is it now if not the car wreck??

    I AGREE! Who needs jobs or school?! Psst. I don't, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well writing isn't all about pages, so even letting your imagination spin around before bed could lead to things :)

    Thanks for asking about our wips, mine still roughing it, so to speak... I got another four pages in when the baby took his nap but I'll have loads of work to do whenever I get to revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana- That is very true. While I may not be writing during the week, I'm certainly thinking about it!

    Yay for naptime! I hope you get loads done during the next one as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...