Thursday, October 22

Awards and Such

Hello darlings! I'm going to try and keep this short today because, well... 1. I have a tiny headache, 2. I want to write, and 3. Because I said so. Ah see, I'm going to be a good mother one day. I've got number 3 down! LOL!

First off... On my two midterms this week (Biological Anthropology & English Theory) I got in the 80s! Woohoo! I was really nervous about these exams. I'm not a sciency person, so of course the Anthro one had my eye twitching, and my Theory class is really complex. But I did well, so I'm happy.

Secondly... Uhhm. -mindwentblank- OH! Right, I got it. (Man is that sad or what? That, my friends, is a sign I should be resting in a bed of pillows so I don't hurt myself. Or better yet a plastic bubble. Wait. Never mind. Not the bubble. I'd find a way to hurt myself I'm sure. Choke on the plastic in my sleep or something. Sighs. Now that I think about it, the pillows probably wouldn't be such a good idea either. The pointy ends of the feathers would probably poke me in the eye or some such nonsense.) Anyway, my secondly, is about awards! This week I have received two from some very lovely ladies.
The first was from Melane over at her blog Chasing the Dream. She gave me the Kreativ Blogger award! Thank you so much, hun!! Melane is new to blogging so you should definitely check her out! I already like reading her posts about writing. They are very refreshing and she has a fun way of writing!
.
Alright, the rules for this award are....
.1. Copy the Kreativ Blogger picture and post it on your page.
2. Thank the person that gave the award to you and link back to their blog.
3. Write 7 things about you that we don't know.
4. Choose 7 other bloggers that you would like to give the award to.
5. Link to the bloggers that you chose.
6. Let your winners know that they have the lovely award!
.
Okay, seven things you don't know about me... Hm. This might be hard.
.
1. I love the word cake. Like, "cake of soap." I do not know why. I just do.
2. My favourite colour is emerald green.
3. I was in Scouts for 10 years. I stopped in my 2nd year of College because I didn't have enough time. (Here in Canada both girls and boys are allowed in).
4. I have a fish named Sir Gawain (he's a beta, and I love him).
5. My elbows hyper-extend. It drives my Mum insane.
6. I don't have a gall bladder (removed in grade 9).
7. I love badminton and volleyball.
.
And because I think I've already talked about my fishy and my favourite colour, I'll add two more...
.
8. I was a serious Barbie-a-holic until an embarrassing age. It was my biggest outlet for my story-telling imagination. When I finally stopped playing is when I started writing hardcore. *Interjection from the Mum: I miss hearing the stories. Waiting anxiously for book. -not so subtle meaningful stare-*
9. I grew up around Trekies and our house was the Mother Ship. 'Nough said.
.
Now that you're all good and disturbed, I have to nominate 7 people.

And the second award I got this week is the Heartfelt Award from the wonderful Diana Paz over at Writing Roller Coasters. Thank you darling! Diana is such an absolute sweetie, and her blog is very funny and well written. Definitely check it out!

Do you reach for a cup of cocoa or tea when you're relaxing, seeking comfort, sharing a plate of cookies with family and friends? You know the feeling you get when you drink a yummy cup of cocoa, tea, or a hot toddy? That is what the Heartfelt Award is all about, feeling warm inside. Rules:Put the logo on your blog/post. Nominate up to to 9 blogs which make you feel comfy or warm inside. Be sure to link your nominees within your post. Let them know that they have been nominated by commenting on their blog. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.
.
This one is really hard... My Nominations:

10 comments:

  1. Awww. Sniff sniff. Two awards? You're a whole sack of awesome... no... a whole CAKE of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I had to post again because the word verification is beday... and I'm just that immature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award! I will be short to pay it forward soon. I love that you have a beta fish. Does he critique your stories and help edit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two awards in one morning? I must've done something right this week. ;o) Thanks, Natalie. I'm glad my blog makes you feel comfy.

    I'll answer these lovely awards sometime soon. (unless I forget, then feel free to pinch me.)

    Congrats on the midterms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award! You're such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your awards. I loved reading all about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww!!!!! Thank you so much! I will put it up soon :)

    My word verification is forkinsi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy- LOL! I once had a word verification that was hores!

    Karen- You're welcome =] LOL! I wish he did. No, he just swims around showing off and looking handsome.

    B.E.- lol You're welcome. And I won't pinch you, but I might throw a snowball at you... =P Thank you!

    Jen- You're welcome! =]

    Angie- Thank you! And I'm glad! I tried to pick some random things, LOL!

    Diana- You're welcome! LOL! Well alrighty then.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thanks!!! I think I've done this award before, but it will be fun to do again. There's always things I can share that I think people don't know, hehe. You have such a great blog!

    Congratulations on your midterm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lady Glamis- You're welcome. Aww thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...