Wednesday, October 28

Devil's Dance Floor

Hello all!

First, I'd like to apologize for not posting yesterday. I was scrambling to do as much homework as I could and posting completely slipped my mind. You see, I went out with my parents for dinner, and then we went to see Flogging Molly in concert. Don't know who they are? That's okay, you're probably not alone! I have posted a song of theirs for your enjoyment (it's my favourite)! Basically, they are an Irish punk band. Are you a fan of The Clancy Brothers, The Pogues, or Dropkick Murphys? If you are, you'll love these guys. Trust me. They are the type of band you'd drink a pint to while in a pub. You can't help but move when you listen to them-- in my opinion.

Anyway, needless to say, I love this type of music. I blame my parents, LOL! They listen to everything but country (and rap), so I was introduced to a wide range of genres at a very young age. My iTunes library is the weirdest mix of music you'll ever find.

Because of my large variety of music, I find I'm always listening to something, even if it's only on volume 2 and you have to strain to hear it. And yes, I do listen to music while writing my story. In fact, I almost need to have music on, even if I can only catch a note or two. It gives me inspiration and rejuvenates my creativity. It also tends to put me in the perfect mood for whatever I'm working on.

However, I listen to different genres depending on what story I am writing. For example: the Scottish romance I started about a year ago (back when I never even considered being published), I listened to Celtic music and a lot of fiddle music, along with soundtracks like Braveheart. For my last story, Forever, a regency romance, I listened mostly to classical music. For my current story, which is also a regency romance, I listen to classical music, soundtracks like Pride and Prejudice and Becoming Jane, as well as all of my Enya CD's. I also listen to Christmas music, LOL! My story is mostly set during Christmas time, so it puts me in the right mood.

Now that you know a bit more about my inspirational music, I thought it would be fun if you guys shared! So here are my questions:

1. What genre of story are you currently writing? Be specific, don't just say YA or romance.
2. What do you listen to while writing this story (if you do)? Does this differ from what you normally listen to?
3. What is your favourite genre of music?
4. Did you know who Flogging Molly was?




*WIP Wednesday will be posted tomorrow instead of today. Gasp!!!!!!! I know. A Wednesday post on a Thursday? What ever shall we do?*

3 comments:

  1. Right now I'm writing my first foray into paranormal suspense. Otherwise, my work is usually either suspense or speculative - or a mix of the two.

    I don't usually listen to music while I'm writing - I have a tough enough time concentrating with life's noise around me - but I have a mix tape I used to pop in for writing tense scenes. It's mostly hard alternative (Bush, Eve 6, Jane's Addiction).

    I listen to most any kind of music - even some country and rap (but only old style rap like Will Smith and Young MC).

    No clue about Flogging Molly until now, but they sound like a fun band. Daughter is/was into Celtic, so I'll have her take a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this post. Thank you for the great writing. You have been awarded the Heartfelt Blog award. Come on over and grab your award! You deserve it and here is the link:

    http://kristimaloneyblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/heartfelt-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. B.E.- That's really neat! I knew your wip was a paranormal, I just didn't know what type exactly!

    I listen to some country music and rap as well. The country music part really bugs my dad, LOL! But what did he expect? I grew up in a farming town!

    Kristi- Hello! Thank you so much! I'll stop in sometime this weekend =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...