Wednesday, October 14

Friendship

You know, after working all day, I'm feeling pretty uncreative. However, I felt I owed it to everyone that I post something on here. Unfortunately, I'm still not sure what that something is. Hm... Uh.... Well, I'm going to go make a tea. Maybe when I get back I'll have thought of something.

-5 minutes later-

AHH! I thought of something! See, tea brings inspiration, I swear it!

Alright, so its more of a question for the masses (that means you), rather than me yammering on about something, but that's okay!

What attributes do you look for in a best (girl) friend? You can always tie this into the characters in your story if it makes it easier to answer!

I look for:

  • Humour
  • Kindness
  • Brains
  • Someone who can accept me and all of my oddities
  • Loyalty
  • Honesty
  • A person who would watch out for me

Okay, that's all I can think of for the moment. I know there are a ton more, but I'm too tired to think of them. So here's a picture for you. I think it's funny. And it made me think of friendship for some reason...

7 comments:

  1. I look for:

    Natalie

    Haha =)
    Jokes, I don't like you.
    Kidding, I'm hyper.

    I actually look for:

    Humour
    Doesn't treat me like a doormat
    Can get my sense of humour
    Mature but can still act like an idiot
    Understands that I'm dumb most of the time, and is okay with that
    Is there for me when I need them, and even when I don't
    Trust, and not betraying it or hurting me
    Honesty

    And is really just someone I'm generally comfortable around. I just want someone who I can have deep and meaningful conversations and who will draw glasses on a mirror so it looks like you're wearing them.

    ahem*natalie*ahem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I always love coming over here. Okay, so here are mine:

    acceptance
    humor
    non-neediness (mock-neediness coupled with understanding is fine)
    there when it counts
    honesty
    trust

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's a good list. I always know someone is a good friend if I can go awhile without speaking to them, and when we are finally able to catch up again it's as if there was never a gap in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Meg: You are blue sugar -BIGGRIN-

    Diana: Haha thanks! What a great list!


    Caryn: Thanks! That's a good one. And so true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best friend and I can proudly say we walked through the flames of hell together as enemies and came out the other side as best friends who nursed each others wounds.

    Plus shes damn funny and understands when I get over sensitive and self centered. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I look for in a friend... hmm... Well, since my husband is my BFF, I'll use some of his traits to try and figure this out.

    Integrity
    Similar life philosophies
    Strength of character
    Common sense
    Humor
    Intelligence

    Those are pretty good guidelines for measuring whether a person can become a friend, but in the end, it's a quality I can't define. I know whether I can call someone friend after I've spent some time in their company (either real time or online time).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen- Aww! Were you guys enemies in school or something??

    B.E.- What a wonderful list! And very good point. I'm the same way; sometimes the friendship chemistry works, sometimes it doesnt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...