Wednesday, October 7

Winter Weather

Tis the season for runny noses, frizzy hair, and cold toes. Are you ready? I'm certainly not. It snowed for the first time this season on Saturday night and suddenly I have a cold.* Coincidence? I think not.

To be honest, I think snow is quite pretty. At least, I do for the first week. After that, snow and I have a mutual dislike for each other. And considering the fact that I live in Canada where snow is a perpetual companion for eight to nine months, this is not good news. Not good at all.

Anyway, Saturday night it got down to -8 degrees Celsius, which is 17.6 degrees Fahrenheit. Yep, that's right. Disgusting, isn't it? Ah well, I best get used to it.
















Has it snowed where you are yet?


*Yep, that's right, I'm sick. And not just a bit of a sore throat and some sniffles. No, no, no. I mean, full out, losing my voice (I sound like a crone) and Kleenex bombs strewn about my room. It's quite lovely, I assure you. I can't taste or smell anything and sleep has become nigh on impossible. I stumble around like a zombie with my mouth open (so I can breathe), a red nose, droopy eyes (oh, they are getting watery too), and a sore body. Thankfully, I live with the absolute best roommate on the PLANET who brought me not one tea but TWO today from Tim Hortons! Only three more classes until the long weekend (it's Thanksgiving in Canada on Monday). I can do it! Maybe. But the essay I was supposed to work on today certainly isn't getting done. Perhaps tomorrow & Friday I shall get it done. Perhaps.*

3 comments:

  1. Lol all this "best roommate" talk makes me happy.

    And yes it did, in fact, snow where I am. Believe it or not.

    And because I don't feel the urge to comment on both your blogs, I'll put my other comment here.

    You didn't trap me in a brainstorming session =P Well, you did, haha, but I enjoyed it so it's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack. Snow and being sick? :hugs:

    No snow here on the Eastern Plains yet, but there's snow in the Colorado mountains. I'm not looking forward to when it reaches down here.

    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg- lol, you're welcome. Smart ass. LOL! That's good.

    B.E.- Aww thanks! My cold wont seem to go away =\ Enjoy the snow-free weather while it lasts! Theres snow on my front lawn right now, taunting me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...