Wednesday, October 7

WIP Wednesday


I'm going to make this brief because I'd like to crawl into my blankets and go to sleep as soon as possible. Understandable I think, under the circumstances!
.
So I got lots of editing done last weekend... Then Sunday I had an epiphany and now I have to re-edit all of those scenes. Sighs. Some days I think my Muse hates me, LOL! But anyway, this epiphany came in the shower on Sunday. Something had been bugging me all weekend about my Hero; his reasoning for something was off. I essentially had him "fleeing" a situation that he really wouldn't flee per se. Small thing, I know, but it was throwing me off. So I was thinking about it in the shower when suddenly I realized the perfect solution. It changed a few of the secondary characters' motivations, but now it works. I actually got giddy over the change and went racing downstairs to tell my parents. Just ask them, I was hopping from foot to foot in excitement. That night I even trapped Megan into having a little brainstorming session with me and wrote down a bunch of notes about it. Now, I can't wait to get started on the changes. They shouldn't be very big but they will help the story overall.
.
I'm hoping I'll have the time (and energy) to write starting Friday. I just need to finish two more essays and come up with a good term paper topic for history tonight and Thursday. Wish me luck!
.
Sooo my daw-lings, how are your stories coming along?

4 comments:

  1. Yay for epiphanies!

    My WIP is coming along. I had a flash of insight during a commercial break last night, and the next couple scenes are ready to write. My heroine is going to be so mad when she finds out what's up. Heh.

    Good luck with getting all your college stuff done so you can write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed- yay for epiphanies! I just had one too, now I am going back through to weave in the idea lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that your family/friends like to brainstorm with you. Good luck on your next round of revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. B.E.- Yay! I'm glad the story is going well for you =] Thanks!

    Diana- Yay! Good luck!

    Jen- Yep, it helps a lot. I mostly use my boyfriend or my mom, but both were asleep so I nabbed my roommate, lol! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...