Saturday, November 21

I Have the BEST Blog-Friends EVER!

Thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts and hugs. Each and every one is appreciated. I never expected to have this sort of support from my readers when I first started this blog. But now that I have you guys, I don't know what I ever did without you. I'm grateful for your friendship, probably more than I could ever express in words. So thank you so much. I treasure you all.

My family is doing pretty well, considering. Honestly, it was just a bit of a shock. However, hopefully we can take this bad situation and run with it. We're a tough little family and I know we'll make it in the end.

Okay, but that's enough "blah" for the week, don't you think? Possibly even for the month. So in lieu of that, I will tell you about some positives that came out of this week-- because, in my opinion, looking at the positive aspects of life will always get you through the darker sides.

1. I wrote my 2nd Anthropology Midterm and got 98.33% (59/60)!! I believe that exam was worth 25% of my grade. So yay!

2. I did a presentation in my GNED (science) class and I think I did pretty well.

3. I wrote my Theory midterm and it's all done! Yes, finishing the exam deserves to be on this list, regardless of whatever grade I get in the end, LOL!

4. My family and I went to see 2012 last night. I quite liked it. Lots of action, pretty entertaining acting etc...

5. My Mum is making cake tonight for my grandmother's birthday dinner tomorrow. We're also making butter tarts. Yum yum.

And, I've saved the best for last...

6.. I know I haven't mentioned it on here, but I leave Tuesday to visit my boyfriend Christopher in Virginia, for the American Thanksgiving. Since he has the week off, I decided I could go visit him (I'm only missing 3 days of school). I leave Tuesday the 24th at 1pm Calgary time and I won't get back till Sunday the 29th. This is partly why I've been so busy recently. I don't want to take homework down with me, so I've been frantically trying to do all the work I can before I leave. This is especially hard considering all my term papers seem to be due either before I leave, or directly after I return. Alas, I only have my Theory term paper left, which I will tackle tomorrow. Thankfully, we paid for the trip with points. My Christmas trip down there will also be paid with points, so I don't have to worry about that!


So your turn. What great thing happened this week? Did something make you smile, laugh? Snicker in glee?

13 comments:

  1. I was reading this post thinking, "OMG! What's happened?!", since I've been partially unplugged for most of last week. I was glad to read (in the comments of the post below) that everyone is ok--at least health wise.

    Something great did actually happen to me on Friday. We've had an on-going saga with our purchase of our house. We nearly lost it and our 33k deposit because of a bank fault but we finally settled on Friday. It's such a reflief!

    Anyway, enjoy your holiday and congrats on the school work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations on your Anthro mark =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Anthro grade! After that kind of effort, you deserve a prize. I know! How about a trip to see your beau? ;o) I hope you have loads of fun while you're there.

    Nothing much is happening around here. I did find the new Shannon Butcher novel in the local department store - which I never expected - so that made me squeal with glee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jade- Aww sorry for the scare! =O A bank fault?! Wow, that's terrifying. I'm glad everyting is settled now! And thank you =]

    Meg- Thanks.

    B.E.- Thank youuu =] LOL! Why, that's a grand idea! I don't know why I never thought of it before ;)
    Thanks! Me too. It's a short trip, but it'll get me through my final exams till Christmas. Haha yay! It's the small things that I think mean the most in the end-- even if its just finding a book from a favourite author =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been smiling (and laughing) at my new characters. And I've been dancing around the house a bit because of an angel/editor associate who keeps delivering me good news. Nothing to official to announce yet, but enough to make me dance.

    Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad everything is okay with you, and I hope your mom can find a new job soon. It's tough out there now.

    Nothing much going on here, but I was excited to finally see the new Star Trek movie last night. I've been wanting to see it for months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic news about your school and a special trip with your boyfriend :) :) I love your positive attitude, it only helps at times like these. Give your mom a hug for me, she sounds like an absolute doll :)

    Good news from me: I had a "girls" day with a good friend and we watched... (oh groan, must I admit it out loud?) New Moon... and LOVED it! I was stalling her for her surprise birthday party, and it was lots of fun to be in on the secret and having a great time with her :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're okay. I sure hope you mom can find a job soon. I admire your positive attitude. Hope you have a fun trip. Some good things for me this past week: My parents came to visit, and I saw my oldest son perform in The Music Man and he was awesome! (If I do say so myself.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen- Aww thats wonderful! I hope official news comes soon!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too =]

    Melane- Thank you. Ahh yes =] I love that movie. I saw it in the theatres and then my family and I watched it Saturday night on DVD. Such good looking lads!

    Diana- Thank you hun!! I'm quite happy about both. Aww you're so sweet =] I will give her a hug for you-- and she is fantastic. Both of my parents are. They are my best friends, along with my boyfriend. Ohh! That sounds like a lot of fun!! I want to see the movie, but we didn't have time this weekend. I'm glad you had a good time.

    Angie- Aww thank you =] I think staying positive can generally make a bleh situation a little bit better. Ahh that's so cool! I'm sure he did wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been a bit of a blog slacker lately and I saw this and had a momentary panic until I read and realized that everyone in your life is at least physically okay.

    I hope you enjoy your trip to help us all celebrate our national "gobble til you wobble" holiday. :)

    Something good that happened recently? The hubs took me away for my birthday weekend. I got to buy books and saw New Moon. A total win in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhonda- I'm sorry I gave you a scare. I didn't mean to.

    LOL! "Gobble til you wobble holiday"! LOVE IT! I'll be using that =P Just to let you know.

    Aww that's good. I'm glad you had fun. Was New Moon good?

    ReplyDelete
  12. mm. funny thoughts :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...