Monday, December 28

I GOT A KINDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.

Yep. Enough said.

Soo... Anybody else exhausted from holiday festivities, or is that just me? We've been running around like chickens with our heads cut off over here. It's been crazy!

Here's a rundown of my last few days...

Christmas eve was spent playing with Christopher and his younger brother Adam's early Christmas present from Santa... a Wii, a bunch of games to go with it, and the Wii fitness thingamabob. Exciting huh? So of course we had to play with that all night. ALL NIGHT!

Christmas morning my boyfriend dragged all of us out of bed at 6:15am. Ahem. Sorry, that is actually incorrect. He dragged Adam and his parents out of bed at 6:15am. I was lucky. He woke me up at 5:51am. Yep. So after much grumbling we woke up enough to open presents (I GOT A KINDLE) and have some breakfast. Then we all fell into a coma until about 12:30pm. After that there was a mad dash to have showers, get ready, load the Jeep and drive the hour and a half in slick conditions to Granny and Pawpaw's house.

Christmas evening was spent with his family eating, opening presents and generally being loud and amusing. It was lots of fun-- I adore his family.

On Boxing Day, everyone, excluding Martha (his mother) and Granny, slept in till 11am. Then, once again, it was a mad dash for the showers so that we could meet the two crazy shopping ladies (Martha and Granny) for lunch in town.

After that we all fell asleep in the living room and then drove home.

Today (Sunday) we had to get up early and drive to Granddad's house for another Christmas. We left at 10am and didn't get back till 9pm, so I'm pretty pooped.

And the excitement doesn't stop there... Oh no, no, no. Christopher turns 21 tomorrow (technically today since it's 1:30am here). Yay!! Happy Birthday Baby! Love you!

After that we still have one more Christmas to go! PHEW! Anywho, I should probably go call my mum and then go to bed. I'll be back later with a detailed list of the stuff I got...

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!!!

What did you get for Christmas??

I GOT A KINDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, it doesn't get old.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, you lucky girl! I wanted a Kindle! So jealous! Have fun with it!

    xoxo -- Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you!

    I got my very first laptop! Yes, I am in heaven right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilary- Thanks!! I'm very happy with it =]

    Vicky- Thanks! Ahhh neato! I can't believe you've never had one! I adore mine -pats the screen- Tis my baby =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I think I'm ignorant, but what is a Kindle?

    Sounds like you had an amazing time, and sounds like a lot of fun! Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squee. Have fun with your new Kindle. It sounds like you're having a fun break. I hope you get a few moments to rest in there somewhere. =o)

    I got a griddle! Silly, I know, but that's my big squee present this year. I can't wait to make pancakes. I also got a Christmas cactus. I named it George. I can't wait 'til he blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krista- If you google "Amazon Kindle" you can find information on it. I know Amazon.com has videos about it. They'll explain it better than me. And yep, I'm having a blast.

    B.E.- Yep, I shall. I only have one free book on there so far, but I've just been too busy. I hope so too-- I'm exhausted!!

    Haha, that's okay. Griddle's are pretty cool. And I laughed out loud with George. It's something I would do. You'll have to take pictures when he blooms =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky, girl! I'm green with envy. :)

    I got tons of books - just what I wanted. Now if only I could find some time to read...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meee too! Me too!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT?!?! How are you liking yours?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen- Haha yep I'm lucky =] My parents are wonderful! Ooo what books did you get?? And no kidding. Hopefully you'll get some time soon =]

    chasing empty pavements- I love mine too! I only just started to do stuff with it last night-- I've been busy. But I love it already. I've put all of my stories on it, which just makes me feel special, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't get as many romance books as I wanted this year. But I did get Silver Silence by Joy Nash, which made me very happy.

    I got a few books by Alice Hoffman (one of my favorite authors) plus:

    In Ashes Lie - Maire Brennan
    The Heretic's Daughter - Kathleen Kent
    The 19th Wife - David Ebershoff
    Song Yet Sung - James McBride
    Mitch Albom - Have a Little Faith

    I can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen- I've been looking into trying one of Nash's books. Unfortunately they aren't available in my area-- I'd have to order them. But I guess since I have the kindle now, I can try her out!

    Ooo good book list! I've been thinking about trying out "Have a Little Faith." You'll have to let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...