Friday, January 15

Work-In-Progress... Friday?

So as you can see, I've been busy changing my blog template! What do you think? I felt it was time for a change. If anything is too hard to read or something is messing up, just let me know and I'll make sure to change it right away!

Now, I know I didn't post on Wednesday-- oops!-- so I figured I would just do it today. Unfortunately, I can't even remember the last time I had a work-in-progress post, so I suppose I'll just give a little update.

While I was in Virginia I managed to get about 2000 words out! I know it may not seem like a lot, but I'm very happy with it. I edited the first 30 pages of my story, and wrote a whole new scene. I'm very happy with all 38 pages I have right now and I hope to get at least another 10 pages out tonight.

I'm also giving a lot of thought to the possibility of having some people read the first 50 or so pages of my current story like we discussed in November. I think I will be offering it sometime this week, so keep your eyes open for a chance to read my story!

And lastly, here is a list of everything I've read this week (sympathy is most welcome):

Anthropology: chapters 6, 7, 8 & 15

History: Introduction, chapter 1, 2, 3 & 4

American Literature 1865-1945:
  • Langston Hughes, “The Negro Speaks of Rivers”
  • Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
Romantic Literature:
  • M. G. Lewis' The Monk: A Romance
  • Edmund Burke's A Philosophical Inquiry into the Origin of Our Ideas of the Sublime and Beautiful
  • William Gilpin's Three Essays: On Picturesque Beauty, On Picturesque Travel, and On Sketching Landscape
  • Adam Smith's The Theory of Moral Sentiments
  • William Wordsworth's Preface to Lyrical Ballads
  • Samuel Taylor Coleridge Biographia Literaria.
Linguistics: Introduction & chapter 1
Recreational Reading Just For Moi:
  • Kresley Cole's Deep Kiss of Winter
  • Tessa Dare's A Lady of Persuasion
So how have your stories been coming along?

11 comments:

  1. Sympathy is indeed in order!

    You are like the fifth person I have seen write, "It may not seem like a lot," regarding word count on recent work.

    Well, it certainly seems like a lot to me and you have to remember that writing a novel is not a sprint event, it is a marathon. If you need to grab a drink of water every once in a while, so be it. Gross, I hate that analogy, but don't be too hard on yourself either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new layout... and congrats on the progress with your WIP. Considering all your academic commitements, I don't know how you find the time to get anything else done.

    As for your accidental un-follow and subsequent re-follow, you are 100% forgiven! You were forgiven the minute you re-followed. (BTW, I did notice when I lost a follower - think I even posted about it. Actually commented on "Too Cute to be Very Interesting" because I thought she had stopped following me and I wondered what I had done. lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my Lord! I can't believe you read all that in a week - insane! I feel sorry for you.

    The blog looks great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog looks lovely, dahling. =o)

    2000 words while you were on mid-winter break? Girl, that takes focus. Good for you.

    Ugh, my eyes got tired reading about everything you're reading. Although, that Burke essay sounds interesting. I might see if it's posted online anywhere...

    And there it is. My god, that's no little essay! I bow before your readerly greatness, Nat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new look. I like blue on brown. Wow. Besides your recreational reading--your list makes my brain cramp. You poor thing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every word that you write does count! And the new layout is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jon- Thank you, thank you. I appreciate it, lol! And yeah, I know. I'm just used to writing 2000 words a day, not a week, so it gets a little frustrating at times.

    Amber- Thanks =] I don't know how I do either, lol! YAY! I was actually wondering why you never seemed to be posting. I didn't think that maybe I wasn't following you anymore -rolls eyes- Oh well, it's all fixed again.

    Shannon- I can't either, LOL! Thank you hun =]

    B.E.- Thanks hun =] Heh, thanks. I'm quite proud of getting 2000 words out while around Christopher, LOL! Since I don't see him much I tend to put writing aside-- for good reason. And yeah, the reading load was insane. Next week is a bit lighter, but not by that much. Haha yes, that essay is HUGE! Intersting though.

    Wendy- Thankssss =] Haha yes, me too. -hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa- Thanks =] I try to remember that, but sometimes I just get a little discouraged. And thank you! I had a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new blog look! And honestly? You managed to fit in 2000 words with all that reading!? That's amazing...my brain is going on overload just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rhonda- Thanks!! Haha aww, thanks =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...