Wednesday, January 20

Work-In-Progress Wednesday!


Well, would you look at that, I'm posting when I said I was going to! Shocking, isn't it? Don't worry, it's just a fluke... either that or I'm just doing it to keep you all on your toes! Muah hah hah hah, you'll never know... ;)

Anywho... So in the past week I've actually gotten some writing done! Woohoo! I worked on it Friday and Saturday and ended up with 2000 new words! Yay!!
Here's what I did:
  • I finished what I like to call "The Morning After Scene"

  • I wrote and finished a dinky little "Transition" scene-- about a page and a half long

  • I wrote and am almost finished a new scene that I was completely unprepared to write. For some reason, when it came time to write the next scene (after "Transition"), this scene popped into my head and wouldn't go away, so I wrote it. And it works. Yay! I just have a few little odds and ends to throw in before I'm done--shouldn't be more than 100 new words.

  • I edited the 3 scenes I just talked about, as much as I could. This is what I do when I'm too tired or my brain is too fried from school to actually write. That way, I'm still getting story work done, even if I'm not writing! Ingenious, I know.

Now all I have left to do is finish off the new scene, which shouldn't take long, and edit all of it. Then I'm going to be emailing it to my mum for some feedback. Wee! Yes, yes, I'm squealing like an annoying girl. You'll survive...
I really hope I can keep this up. I'm aiming to write during the weekends (probably Friday to Sunday night). Of course, I'm also trying to write during the week whenever I can. However, I have not found the time to do that yet... but I'm trying and that's what matters!
So how are your stories coming along?

10 comments:

  1. Reading your post I became envious. I long to be creating again. Instead I'm just editing my WIP to get it ready for querying. Hard work, and much needed, but not near as much fun as writing from scratch.

    *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slowly but surely. I need to finish my revisions because I've been invited to resubmit my full. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been putting several tactics into practice: fighting (and making up with my MC), Wordle, and oh, gosh, too many other things. I think you read and commented about most of them on my blog.

    I am glad that you are feeling better and jealous about your progress. Of course, I am more jealous of DL for being at the querying stage, but apparently he's jealous of you ;)

    Almost done. Thanks for detailing your progress and making it more tangible. I love hearing success stories from others each week, but I especially love when they are spelled out and I have something to put in my head and attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I am happy to read about your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for all your progress!

    I'm in the middle of Major Revision #5. It's coming along pretty well- I'm hoping to query in February!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo!! Way to go! :breaks out the pompoms: You can do it! Yay!

    =o)

    I'm typing away over here. Broke 30K on the rewrite tonight. Yay me. Now I just have to decide whether to go to bed or keep typing. :yawn: Probably bed.

    Keep up the good words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great writing job. Interesting that you write in terms of scenes. I've never tried to do that. I'm very linear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DL- I wish I was where you are right now!

    Shannon- Oooo exciting!!!!!

    Jon- Yeah, I've been reading =] Haha yes, apparently he is, but truth be told, Im jealous of him, just like you. You're welcome =]

    Amber- Thanks!!!!

    Stephanie- Ooo goodluck!!

    B.E.- heh, yay, pompoms! Yay for your words!!

    Patti- Thanks!! Linear? What do you mean??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally finished months of revisions last week, so I am researching agents and working on my query letter. I have to nail that letter!
    Good for you for getting so much accomplished on your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly- WOOHOO! Good luck with all of that! I'm both nervous and excited to reach that level.

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...