Thursday, March 4

Meme & Lies!

Howdy everyone! I thought today would be a good day to catch up on some of the stuff I've been putting off! So I will be doing both a meme and an award!

I have been tagged in a meme by Tina over at Sweet Niblets! Thanks sweetie!

The rules are really easy. All I have to do is fill in the blanks after each bold word and tag 3 of my friends.

I like my soft blue housecoat
I like the smell and sound of rain
I like running through canola fields
I like hugs, especially reunion ones.
I like sweeping romance stories/movies
I like candles. The way they smell and the way they flicker in the darkness calms me.
I like warm summer breezes blowing through my window to ruffle my curtains
I like walking on train tracks in the middle of the country
I like cuddling with my puppy Daisy.
I like diving. I haven't done it for a while, but I love the freedom of flying, and the freedom of plunging to the deepest depths of the pool.
I like the Rocky Mountains and the smell of evergreen trees.
I like the sound of skates on ice-- figure skating and hockey. They both soothe me.
I love that my parents and I have such a wonderful relationship.
Today was GOOD! It's Thursday, baby! That means I get to go home soon! WOOHOO!
I hate trash talk, or negativity of any kind
I hate seaweed-- it ruins a perfectly good beach experience every time!
I hate fat on meat. It makes me sick.
I hate how gross I feel after flying
I hate obliviousness. Not only is it rude, but it can hurt.
I hate spiders *shudders*
I hate it when people chew with their mouth open

I hate it when I accidentally smoosh my chap-stick
I (secretly) like dancing. I don't think I'm very good at it, so I never dance for real with people around.
I love gardens. I've never been a gardener, but my Mum has always kept fantastic gardens. They're wonderful places to just sit and talk, or write.


Who to tag, who to tag?

B. E. at The Writing Spectacle
Julie at Silver Lining
Shannon at Book Dreaming




Okay, now I have already received this award, but I hadn't done the "requirements" and I hadn't passed it on. However, Anne Riley passed it on to me again (thanks!!) so I figured this time I'd do it *sighs dramatically* LOL!

Anyway, 4 of these are true, and 3 are false.

  1. In 2006 I travelled to Jamaica and camped in the jungle, where I was bitten by a spider. My leg swelled up to an alarming size and the wound got all blue and hard.
  2. I was once on a plane that was struck by lightning... twice. By the time we landed, the plane was smoking, so we were rushed out into the rain. It took hours for our luggage to be removed.
  3. My Mum and I were once stuck in the middle of a farmer's field in the middle of nowhere. It was winter, and my Mum had to walk 10 miles through blizzard-like conditions to reach the main road. Once she was there, no one would stop. By the time someone did stop and she called my Dad and got some help, it was 4.5 hours of me sitting in a truck by myself. Oh, and 4 coyotes decided to circle the vehicle, even though I practically laid on the horn.

  4. I had 2 of my poems published in poetry anthologies when I was 13.

  5. When The Fellowship of the Ring was out, I saw it 12 times in the theatres.

  6. I had my gall bladder removed in grade 9 (age 14).
  7. I have had 6 roommates in college over the past 3 years
Any guesses?

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the meme tag (I think)! :-)

    Hmmm...this is difficult. I choose #'s 1, 2, and 5 as false. But I'm only guessing. Part of me wants to say 1-3 are false, but that just seems too obvious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna guess that 1, 5 and 6 are false. I'm guessing the two with numbers in them because you can turn something true into a lie just by adding a grade or a cinema trip to something true.

    And 1 lacks detail compared to 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the meme tag darling! If the Fellowship of the Ring one is true, you and I are destined to be BFFs. I'm SUCH a LOTR nerd, I wouldn't be surprised if I had seen that movie that many times in theaters.

    My guess is #3, 4, 5, and 7!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, these are just guesses, but i think 2,5, and 6 are the falsies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I give up! Your too good a liar. Any of those could be true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with DL. You're an amazing liar. I have no clue. I do love the meme. No wonder we get along so well:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm. I'm going to guess 4,5,6. You spent less time on them, it's just a hunch of course ;o)

    I liked your Meme ;o) It was sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the meme, Nat. I'll try and get to filling mine out over the weekend.

    As for the game, I'm going with 1-3 are false. Although... it could be 2, 4 and 5. I'm pretty definite about 2, but like Ellen, I think numbers make turning a true statement into a false one easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to say...
    1,3,5 and 7 are true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your list and your lies. Let's see. I think maybe #3 is true, and the Fellowship of the Ring one. Can't guess what else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jonathon- Aww thanks =)

    Shannon- You're welcome =D

    Julie- You're welcome =) I haven't seen it 12 times (heh) but I did see it 4 or 5 times in the theatres. It was my Mum who saw it 12.

    DL & Tina- I'm going to take that as a compliment??? I guess....?

    Erica- Thanks!

    B.E.- You're welcome hun =)

    Angie- Thanks! I had a lot of fun filling everything out and coming up with lies.

    Ellen, Amber, Jennifer, Roni- Thanks for guessing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...