Wednesday, March 17

Update On Life!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting! School and life are hectic at the moment. As I'm approaching the end of the semester (4 weeks left baby!) all of my term papers are starting to pile up. I know 4 weeks seems like a long time, but it's really not...at all. Yay!

This week, I've been working on a number of things, including annotated bibliographies for American Lit and Anthropology, and a critical log detailing what my term paper is going to be about in Romantic literature (I could not find sources for this stupid paper! I had to switch my topic 6 times)! I also had to read tons. Has anyone read Lady Susan by Jane Austen? I'm a die-hard Austen fan, but that book made me want to chuck it across the room. Apparently I do NOT like epistolary novels.

Tomorrow, I'm starting (and maybe finishing??) my Anthropology term paper on the collapse of the Maya. Thursday/Friday I'm finishing up the paper --if I'm not done-- and starting the second book for history that I have to review. Luckily, some of my friends have already started it and said it's much easier than the last one (THANK GOD)!

So that's what school/life is looking like for me at the moment. However, I do have some good news for you!
  1. That scene that I was having troubles with? Yeah, it's done *smirks* I ended up wiping most of it and redoing it, but I'm SOOO happy with the results. It's smashing! I also got a standing ovation from Mum and Chris. And I don't care what people say, my Mum and my boyfriend are NOT easy people to please. They want me to succeed. Period. No, they won't flat out say something sucks, but they will tell me. Trust me.
  2. I got another $1000.00 scholarship! WOOHOO! In 3 years, I've now received 4 scholarships! The grand total is now up to $5000! I hope I get more next year too! I guess working hard really does pay off ;)
So what's happening in your life? How are your stories going?

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the scholarship- that's awesome!

    I'm so sorry you have annotated bibliographies. Those are the worst! Oh well- such is life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah! I could use a good smashing scene! *wink, wink* Hint. Hint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! I'm thrilled you were able to work out your scene, and congrats on the scholarship money. Good luck with your school load. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on the scholarship!

    I'm happy you figured out that scene, and love it.

    Best of luck with all the homework.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on the scene and the scholarship. Good job! 4 weeks will pass in no time, and then SUMMER! Yay. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the scholarships and good luck with all the papers, etc. You sure are busy! I find most of the time a scene is giving me fits, it needs to be scrapped and redone. Good job on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Hugs* Sorry the work load is tough right now, but it sounds like you're handling everything like a pro:)And like you said, you'll be done in a few weeks. Think of all that free time for working on your book!

    Congrats on the scholarship! It does pay to be smart, doesn't it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like life is good for you, Nat! Congrats on the scholarship and I'm glad your mom and b/f are people who will be honest with you when something doesn't quite work in your story. Sorry about all the schoolwork though... yuck. I think I miss school and then I remember how much effort was required, and I'll be thankful that I'm done! (For now)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie- Thanks! Yeah, they suck, LOL!

    Tina-LOL! Soon, hopefully.

    Shannon- Thanks hun =)

    Jennifer- Thanks!

    B.E.- WOOHOO SUMMER!!!! Man, I cannot wait.

    Angie- Thanks! Yeah, I kept only the basics and worked off of that.

    Melissa- *hugs* Thanks hun!

    Julie- LOL! I like learning, but I dont like all the stress and work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats again! That is wonderful news -- both about the scholarship and the writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on the scholarship :D

    Glad you managed to knock the difficult scene out - it always feels so great afterwards, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. HUGE congrats on the scholarship!!!! I know how you feel...I just got a $1000 scholarship too! Any little bit helps when it comes to those college tuitions ; )

    So, yeah that happened in my life. I turned 18 on Monday! My thesis paper is officially done and completely written! It's on the editing stage with over a week to go until it's due (I'm the only one who's this far). SUPER excited bout that. I was doing annotated bibliography last night, too! Trying to get a new blog post out : / *bad Hannah* It's been waaaaaaaay too long. Waiting for my Kindle to come (birthday present that's still not here)....that's most of it right now, I think.

    That's all I can think of anyway ; )

    Congrats again! Talk to you soon,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amber- Thanks darling =)

    Ellen- Thank you! And yes, it really does. It took a long time to get that scene out, but I'm so happy with the result.

    Hannah- Thanks! Woohoo! Yes, every little bit does help. Haha, I got a Kindle for my birthday/chritmas too. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, weird coincedence! I got it on Friday and am LOVING it!!!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...