Wednesday, March 31

WIP Wednesday


Alright, so today I don't have very much to tell you guys. Right after I wrote last week's WIP post, I got sick and ended up being sick all weekend. I'm feeling better today-- I'm only coughing maybe twice an hour. So yay! But, like I said, I was sick all weekend, so I didn't get much of anything done. However, here is my progress:
  • I did end up finishing that scene I was talking about and polished it all up. I sent it to Mum and got her approval. I was a little worried about this particular scene because I thought my tone might have changed a little, but Mum said it was good the way it was.
  • I started the next scene but only got 3 pages in. So far I like it, though.
Overall, I wrote 1754 words last weekend. Not at all what I wanted, but hey, that's okay. I still got something out. I wasn't expecting to get anything written with how I was feeling.
In school news, I wrote my Romantic Literature term paper last night on gender in The Monk: A Romance by M.G. Lewis. I'm not thrilled with how it turned out, but I'm not going to complain. It's done, which only leaves me with two term papers left to write. The next one is for my American Literature class, which I will be tackling this weekend (tomorrow and Friday, hopefully).
How are your stories coming along? Any pitfalls? Any triumphs?
*Friday I will be posting an Easter Traditions Post just like I did for St. Patty's Day, so make sure to stop by and check it out-- especially if you have young kids in your life! You may get some fun ideas!*

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you were sick, I'm glad you're feeling better. And congrats on getting the paper finished and some writing done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling 100%. Are you doing Tina Lynn's writing challenge? I can't wait to get started tomorrow!

    Congrats on the progress you made over the weekend. Even if it wasn't as much as you wanted, you still got a lot done. :)

    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feeling better! And that you finished your paper.

    I didn't get any writing done this week. I felt too drained from all the work drama to think clearly. But I hope to write this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pitfalls up the wazoo! I'm having serious POV issues. Boo. Hiss. Gollum. Gollum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, you're awesome. I can't drag myself off the couch when I'm sick and you wrote 1700+ words. You go girl.

    Since I finished my most recent round of edits over the weekend, I've been just chilling out this week. I read a lot, but haven't written much. (Except for that half-page of plotting for the next book.) I'm getting antsy, though, so the week of rest might not be a whole week. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling better!! I'm sure you'll jump right back into your stories in no time :) I'm sort of slowing down and losing momentum, but I just have to keep pushing myself along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little is better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah- Thank you =)

    Amber- Thanks darlin'. I would like to do it, but until school is out I can't commit to anything, unfortunately. However, Tina said I could join in later? Since I plan on doing AT LEAST 1000 words a day once summer hits, I think writing 500 for the challenge will be easy ;) XO

    Jennifer- Thank you! Me too! My two hardest papers were the first ones due *rolling eyes* Well, to be fair, my Romantic Lit isn't due until next thursday, but I had to get it done so I could work on the next two papers. Anyway, I'm rambling. Yeah, I'm sorry about all the drama there *hugs*

    Tina- Aww still? Im sorry hun. Do you need help? Email me and I can get back to you. Btw, I first read your comment in anthropology and I laughed outloud. Everyone looked at me funny. It's nothing unusual, but this time it was your fault, LOL!

    B.E.- Haha thanks ;) I felt bad for not writing the 3300 I wanted. But ohhhh well. Worrying over it would simply stress me out more. LOL! Well, if you're feeling the itch to write... write!

    Julie- Thank you hun =) Lol, slowing down, hmm? With the numbers you were getting before, I'm pretty sure you're still getting tons done =D

    Patti- Yep, I agree =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...