Monday, April 26

FREEEEEEDOM!

At 10:00 am this morning (Monday), my last final exam of the year finished. I was technically done at 9:20 am, but it's not as dramatic to say that, LOL! Anyway, after my exam I went and sold 4 (I think?) of my old textbooks back. Though they were quite expensive when I originally bought them, I did mange to get $119 back for them! Not too shabby.
At 11:30 am this morning, I turned in all 3 of my keys (building key, room key, and mailbox key) for my residence. You heard that right people, I'M OUT! Mum came over and basically cleaned the whole place for me and helped me move what little stuff I still had there, out. AND, she did it even with me snapping at her all morning *blushes* I was a little tired and cranky and whiny by that point. (THANK YOU MUM!!!!!! MWAH!)
After leaving school, we stopped at Chapters (Canadian version of Barnes & Noble) and Superstore (a HUGE grocery store with tons of ethnic foods). To tell you how tired I am, I DID NOT GO INTO THE BOOKSTORE! I sat in the truck while mum went in. I know, I know. I'm not sick, I promise. Just tired. Beyond. Belief.
When we arrived at home, I spent about an hour and a half mindlessly reading blogs. I haven't read any for a few days and had about 203 posts stacked up. No, I didn't read them all *snorts*. I did read quite a few though and even tried to comment on them! I'm hoping I can get back into commenting this summer-- as long as it doesn't take up too much of my writing time ;)
After that, I desperately hung out in the kitchen while mum did some prep work for dinner. Why you ask? I was trying to pretend I wasn't exhausted; though, why I was trying to do that is beyond me. Either way, it didn't work.
So I finally gave in and took a lovely 2 hour nap. Mum woke me up for a delicious dinner my parents made-- homemade Chinese! Yum! Then I watched Law and Order: SVU with my parents. Does anyone else watch this show? I love it!
Yep, that would be my day in a nutshell. Tomorrow I will share some of the exciting news I've had since last Wednesday!

Okay, so I adore this movie and I had to post this because, quite honestly, this is how I feel. Alright, probably not exactly how I feel, LOL! I'm just being dramatic ;)
So how IS everyone? What have I missed? Any exciting news? Miss me?

9 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best feeling in the world!!!!!

    Wow, you must have been some kind of tired to pass up going into a bookstore! Glad you got a nap in, though:)

    Nothing new here...I've been unplugged for a few weeks, but I didn't get as much writing done as I would have liked. The kids are really demanding my attention now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Congrats on making bail. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! You're such a trooper, congrats on getting everything done. I bet you're going to sleep like a baby tonight! I know final exams always made me want to pass out for 14 hours straight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you for a job well done!!!! And yes, we did miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo!!!! Congrats on your freedom. Can mum come over and clean my house, please? lol.

    Cant wait to hear the rest of the exciting news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! It's party...ahem writing time now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, finishing finals is the best feeling in the world! I'm glad you're all done! I was always really jealous of my friend who lives in New Brunswick and went to the university there; he always started classes like a month later than me and finished at least 3 weeks earlier. Not fair! :-)

    Enjoy remembering how to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who-hoo! Now get some rest, read, write, but mostly just enjoy your summer break.

    I love SVU! My friend got me hooked on it years ago and I never miss an episode. Benson and Stabler rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa- Yes, it really is the best feeling in the world. Yeah, I'm still exhausted. I keep going to be early-- and I've been taking naps. Aww, I'm sorry about your kids taking up all your time. Hopefully it'll calm down for you soon =)

    Roni- Haha it does feel like I've made bail-- not that I would know what that feels like, LOL!

    Julie- Thank you!! Yes, I fell asleep instantly, and I keep taking naps.

    Anne- Thank you! Haha aww =)

    Karen- LOL! My mum is wonderful for helping me out.

    Mayowa- Haha yep, it is writing time =) (and sleeping time LOL!)

    Summer- Haha, yeah I dont generally start school until Sept 10. And as you saw, I finish in mid-April. However, we dont get as much time for break.

    Jennifer- Haha yes, I'm trying to rest tons. Yay, another fan! It plays here at 7pm, so it's generally when we're having dinner. I love Benson and Stabler. I dont love the episodes with that blonde lady though. I miss Liv, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...