Wednesday, June 16

Heading to the Rockies

So for Father's Day, my dad decided he wants to go camping in the mountains. Since I live in Alberta, that means the Rocky Mountains.  Yay!  They're gorgeous and big and majestic and Iwubthem. We are planning on camping at Lake Louise from Thursday to Sunday.* We leave bright and freaking early tomorrow morning to take the four-ish hour drive to the campsite. Not that  four hours is really all that far for an Albertan. We drive all over the place. Calgary is a good forty-five minutes away but we go there all the time. Anyway, the driving is not le issue. Le issue is the 6 am leave time *groans/whines* But I will survive. The weather, however, I might not win against.

Okay, so since I'll be gone, that obviously means I will not be posting on here until Monday, at the earliest. I KNOW! How will you all survive? Trust me, you'll make it ;)  However, if you notice activity on here, my Facebook account, my Twitter account, or my email before Sunday afternoon, IT IS NOT ME. Unless, of course, we force my dad to bring us home early because it's freezing (which may very well happen), but I will then say that it's me and that I'm back. Either way, stay vigilant my friends! STAY VIGILANT!

I hope you have a wonderful week! I'm bringing my laptop to try and get some writing in while we're there, but I don't know how well that's going to go. I'll either be so excited to go kayaking on the water that I'll forget all about ol' laptop here or I'll be huddled under a blanket wondering if my fingers are too frozen to type. LOL.

*For all you stalkers out there *wags finger* someone will be at my house EVERYDAY, so that does not mean you get to steal all my books!*

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me that it's Father's Day on Sunday. Must by cards. I hope you have a great weekend and loads of fun with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Current conditions in Banff(web cam).

    http://www.explorerockies.com/banff-webcam/?utm_source=google-adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=sightseeing-tours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a good trip and it stops raining, because really too much rain is a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a blast! Can't wait to hear/ read about it when you're back. Take pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...