Thursday, July 1

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!

Yep, that's right. Today is Canada Day! It's similar to the American Fourth of July in that we celebrate the "birth" of our nation with fireworks, BBQs, parades, pancake breakfasts, and all-round revelry. However, to celebrate on the blog-o-sphere, I thought I'd post two videos that are distinctly Canadian!

I do not endorse this particular beer (beer in general= blech), but their commercials are great. I'm pretty sure I've already posted this video during the Olympics but here it is again.



And this video is extremely creative IMO and I got a kick out of it. The only problem is that they state the facts "wrong." When they say that Britain's got the monarchy, that implies we don't have one. But we do. The British monarchy is our monarchy too. But that's okay, I understand they did it to make the song work. Anyway, here it is! It's not very long (2:30) so I'd watch it the whole way through. They throw some creative things in at the end.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day and God save the Queen of Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day!

    Hey, the first video has the Shat in it--I can forgive that it's for a nasty beer. :-)

    Second video--very cute. And catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have told me what Canada Day was but I kept forgetting haha. I guess I just have to remember what holiday of ours it is near and try to remember it that way. So, Happy Canada Day, Nat!!

    Oh and Gabriel and I watched the videos together. The second one is ADORABLE! I love it!! Gabriel danced the whole time haha that was great! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY CANADA DAY to you!!!!

    The second video was SO cute

    : D

    Hope you have some fun today! Tut-tut it looks like rain in Vermont

    : /

    AND I have to work today!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Radical Royalist- lol

    Summer- Thanks! Haha yes, I love him in this commercial.

    DL- Thanks!!

    Jamie- Thanks! And Im glad you and Gabriel enjoyed it =)

    Hannah- Thanks! And Im glad you like it =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had an awesome Canada Day. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. B.E.- Thanks!! I did. It was glorious =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...