Wednesday, July 14

Linger is an apt title


I just sobbed my way through the last 30 pages of Linger by Maggie Stiefvater, the sequel to Shiver. It's not technically out yet (not until July 20th), but a bookstore in Calgary had a bazillion copies, so my parents stopped by and picked it up for me when they were running errands. Linger started out slow, which worried me greatly, but it built to such a beautiful story that I'm not even sure I can describe it. It was a book that will forever stick with me. The amount of emotion hidden in the innocent, whimsical green ink is unexpected, but breathtaking.


*I will post my usual writing update later today, after I've had some sleep*

5 comments:

  1. That's how I felt about Shiver. I can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer- It was a wonderful book. Like I said, it was a slow start, but once it got going... Wow. Just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Shiver. But I hear such great things about the series I should consider picking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Shiver. But I hear such great things about the series I should consider picking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria- Yeah. However, I do think it's a book you either love or you hate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...