Thursday, July 8

You Can Stop Sharpening Your Pitchforks!!

Wow, two posts in one day, eh? Lucky ducks ;)

Anyway, all of you can stop plotting to fly up here and torture me until I give in. I bought The Hunger Games today at Chapters.  Yes, yes, gasps all around. I know, it's shocking, right? I have not read this book. However, due to a number of alarming Twitter threats from numerous people *cough* Jonathon, Tina, Kristen, and Melissa, to name a few *cough* I decided to relent and buy the book. I figure since I'm writing YA now I should see what all the hype is about with this series. Right?

And for you sceptics out there, I took pictures as proof:





So there you have it. Please don't kill me.

Here are all of the books I got today: 
  1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (for self-preservation purposes)
  2. Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas (I LOVE this series)
  3. Tempting the Marquess by Sara Lindsey
  4. My Dangerous Duke by Gaelen Foley (one of my favourite romance authors ever)
  5. Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume (school book)
  6. Monster by Walter Dean Myers (school book)
  7. The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes (school book)
In other news, when I got back from the city I sat down and wrote the 2000 words for my medieval romance! Woohoo! I am now up to 67,000! Go me.

14 comments:

  1. Don't feel guilty for not having read it. I haven't either. Congrats on the progress on your WiP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for book buying. I, also, have never read The Hunger Games. I don't have the book, nor plan to buy it in the future cause my to read list is already too big and I have more to buy. So, no pitchfork here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Let me know when you've finished!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hunger Games is on my must-read list. Let us know how you like it.

    Congrats on hitting your daily word count goals! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I refuse to read The Hunger Games until the series is complete. I've learned the series lesson the hard way too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of The Hunger Games, should I have? Haha. And The Hundred Dresses is an amazing and adorable book. I had to read it for my Children's Literature class and it was one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy Hunger Games. Of course, if you do, you'll need to buy the next book and impatiently wait for the third like the rest of us. ;o)

    Great haul from the bookstore. I hit Borders today and went a little wild. I'll be posting my haul later today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie- Lol I don't feel guilty. I'm just finally giving in. Thank you!

    Dawn-Woohoo! Im glad Im not alone. My TBR pile is alarming in its size.

    Jonathon- Lol Idk when I'm going to even start it. When I do, I'll let you know.

    Jennifer- I will. Thank you hun!

    Summer- LOL! You're probably much smarter than I am.

    Court- Yeah its like HUGE *shrugs* Yeah, I read that this afternoon. Cute, very sweet book.

    B.E.- Lol! I thought so =) I love getting books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy reading and writing!

    I have The Hunger Games and can't wait to dig into it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I hope it's as good as it is supposed to be because I went out and bought it today! Haha I looked it up online and it looked interesting, so we'll see how it goes! And great job with all of your writing progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't worry, you're not alone! I have not read Hunger Games yet EITHER! *cowers in the corner, awaiting the rocks to be thrown by blog followers* I have been told to read by many tweeps as well, but keep getting sucked into other books! I WILL read sooner or later, I NEED to for how many good words about this book are out there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Medeia- Thanks, you too! Ooo, that's exciting. I haven't started it yet. I've been too busy writing.

    Court- Let me know what you think of it. I havent started it yet. I've been too busy writing ;) And thank you dahling!

    Ashley- WOOHOO! We should start a club ;) I agree, thats the main reason I picked it up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll let you know once I get around to it :) I'm currently reading the Pendragon series which is actually quite good. Very interesting ideas and I'd say it's a young adult series. More on the younger side like 13 - 15. But you should check it out. Obviously I know you already have quite the stack though, so I would understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Court- Haha yeah. I have so many books to read.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...