*Warning: This post will contain lots of exclamation marks and random squeeing*
I'M DONE MY NOVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, that's right people. I'm done my medieval romance. I finished July 31st, at 11:38 pm.
That, my friends, is exactly 22 minutes before my August 1st deadline.
I DID IT! I REALLY DID IT!!!!!
Progression of my novel:
- November 2009— The story idea came to me
- February 19th—Began plotting the story
- February 21st—Wrote the very first words
- February to April: I dealt with midterms, term papers, and finals all while trying to write.
- When summer started on April 27th, I had written 18,831 words.
- I finished the story July 31st at 105,864 words.
- That is 87,033 words in 3 months—a month of which I was on vacation. *SQUEES*
Now starts the uber fun part: revisions! I'm actually so excited about it. For the last 20,000 words I've been keeping a list beside me of things I need to double check, change, or delete (I know of at least 3000 words right off the bat I can get rid of). I'm going to step back for a few days and let my alpha read it as is right now. After that, I'm diving in. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm going to have such a hard time when it comes to revisions, but we'll see. Once my alpha is through and I've revised, I'm sending it to my darlings: Tina and Mel. While they're tearing it to shreds, I'm going to write my synopsis and query letter.