Wednesday, August 18

SDFHSDGSF!!!!

Yep. That pretty much sums up my revision experience right now. I finished the first round.... gosh, I don't even remember how long ago. Since then I've printed the first 200 pgs and am doing redpen edits. I do love editing on paper. I seem to catch a lot more. However, it's very time consuming. I have to read/edit on paper, then I have to enter the changes into the computer/highlight problem sentences I couldn't fix or have a question about to work on later. I'm getting a lot done, but it's slow. You have to have patience for this round.

My head hurts. I want to take a nap. Have I mentioned I've only been awake for an hour?

Lord, this is going to be a loooooong day.


So how is your story going?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel for you! My first go round of edits I did the same thing but my husband freaked out with how much paper and ink I had to use. Since then, I've done everything on the computer. Right now, my MS is in the hands of my CPs. Hopefully I won't have too much to fix when I get it back from them. After that, it's time to find beta readers! Good luck with the rest of your edits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm sorry editing has been a struggle but you are miles ahead of me, so smile and know that you are winning the battle of the Murphy's. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *slides down wall sobbing* Yup. That just about sums up my editing experience thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, do I feel your pain! I'm on my 3rd or 4th round of edits and I'm going insane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :hugs: I hear you. I was right there with you until last night when I finally got the red-ink phase done. It's slow, but it's so worth it.

    For me and my story, now's the time I re-read the whole thing straight through to see if everything I just edited flows like I think it does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also like hard-copy revisions, but you're right, they're soooooo slow. I find myself procrastinating a hard-copy revise!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edits are exhausting. I lose sleep doing them since fine-tuning takes so much energy. I'd rather be drafting or revising.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly- I've been using cheap paper and we have a laser printer, so theres no ink =) Woohoo for you!! I hope your CPs love it!

    Amber- Lol ;)

    Tina- Lmao. Yep, that sums it up.

    Meika- Yeah, it feels like you've read it a million times, right? Sad thing is, you HAVE read it that many times lol.

    B.E.- Woohoo!! I agree. It really is worth it-- it also gives you time away from the computer, lol.

    Di- Yeah, it takes a long time. But I think its worth it. Plus, I do like snipping and tucking.

    Medeia- Yes, yes they are. I feel like I edit 2 chapters and I need to take a nap, lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...