Monday, October 4

Books I've Read Recently

  1. His At Night by Sherry Thomas (Another fabulous book! 4.5/5)
  2. The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford (school book: classic! I loved the movie as a kid)
  3. Curious Incident Of The Dog by Mark Haddon (school book: I loved this book)
  4. 20th Century Children's Poetry Treasury by Jack Prelutsky (school book)
  5. The Duff by Kody Keplinger (3.5/5 I liked it and will buy more books from the author, but there were some fundamental things that bugged me).
  6. Tempting the Marquess by Sara Lindsey (3.5/5)
  7. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting (4/5)
  8. Firelight by Sophie Jordan (5/5)
My total for the year is now 66 books.

I've also been busy with several other texts for school: Chaucers' The Cantebury Tales as well as Margery Kempe's The Book of Margery Kempe (ugh). For history, I'm slowly slogging my way through the readings (they're about 50 dense pages a week, sometimes more). In addition to all of that, I'm also reading the CoursePack for my Eco Literature class (it's quite large... and also dense).

So what about you guys? Have you read any of the above books?

9 comments:

  1. I have The Duff and The Body Finder in my TBR pile. I keep hearing Firelight is wonderful, so that's the next one I'm getting. And wow, 66 books read this year. You put me to shame;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time earlier this year and really enjoyed it. But the rest...nope!

    Good luck with your reading. Trust me, I know exactly what it feels like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* Firelight rocked my socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel- I liked all 3 of those books =) LOL why, how many have you read?!

    Summer- Yeah, I quite liked it. Very different from anything else I've read. Aww thank you!

    Tina- lol. I didn't love it THAT much ;) But the story was so original. I cant wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy. That's an incredible list. I'm so impressed by your ability to power through your reading list. It's quite inspiring, actually. And that on top of the normal coursework...Very enjoyable post--hope you're having a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Other than the Chaucer - which I never read all the way through - nope. Way to go on the 66 books. With your busy life, where do you find time to read for pleasure?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samuel- Aww thank you =) I have to read in my spare time to remind myself why I like literature in the first place lol. Sometimes, when I'm reading really boring things for school, I forget.

    B.E.- I have no idea. I probably dont sleep as much as I should lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only one I've read on your list is The Duff. Funny book, I enjoyed it overall. And I agree with Tina, Firelight was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Di- Yeah, it was funny. And Firelight was good =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...