Friday, October 22

Writing Update

Since it's been a while, I thought I'd give you all an update!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
  • So as I'm sure most of you know, I've started querying. I'm not going to go into stats or anything like that, but I will say it's going well =)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
  • In other news, on Sunday I opened up a new document and started my next medieval. Yay! To try something new, I'm not going to worry about word count this round. Near the end of my last story, I didn't write a certain number each day. Instead, I had a goal of finishing two scenes that day or whatever. It really worked for me, so I think that's the way I'm going to go, at least for now. I will, of course, keep you guys updated on how it goes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
  • In addition to not worrying about word count, I think I might also try to write a "back cover blurb." I've heard it can make writing the query later easier, so I thought I'd try it out =)
--------------------------------------------------------------------


  • And lastly, I am now attending a workshop on Saturday hosted by the Calgary RWA. Laura Bradford of the Bradford Literary Agency will be there, as well as Avon editor Tessa Woodward. I'm nervous but excited. (But secretly pretty nervous, LOL). I will make sure to take lots of notes for you guys =)
So how are your stories coming along?

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like good things are happening for you. Glad to hear it. Hope to see your "I Got the Call" post soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A positive, upbeat post. Wishing you great things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your querying is going well.

    I find it easier to write when I concentrate on completing scenes instead of stressing over word count.

    Have fun at the workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen- Thank you!! Aww, I hope I can do that post soon too ;)

    Glynis- Thank you =)

    Donna- Aww thanks!!

    Jennifer- Thank you. Yeah, I like that way a lot more too. Thanks! I'm nervous but I'm hoping it goes well. If I like the people at the Calgary group, I think I'll join =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for queries, new stories, and workshops! I hope they all go well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you. =o)

    I sat down and got 800 new words out last night. It's been a while since I wrote new words, so I wasn't exactly burning up the keys, but I'm glad I found the beginnings of a groove. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you best of luck on your querying!

    Focusing on word counts doesn't work for me; instead, as long as I pick up a pen and write anything on a piece of paper, I consider it a productive day.

    C Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy- Thank you!

    B.E.- Woohoo! Go you!! =)

    C Ann- Thank you! Thats a very good way to look at it =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing you in such good spirits, and I'm so excited...today is Saturday! I can't wait to see your notes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Di- =) Today is not Saturday love, lol. Yesterday was ;) And I will start posting notes on Monday, I think!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...