Here we go!
- First thing's first, introduce yourself and shake their hand! Remember, you must be professional.
- Don't just dive into your pitch. Stop, pause. Ask them how their stay is going. Talk about the weather or the conference/workshop you're at. They've been hearing pitches all day, so you want to stick in their mind (in a good way).
- Once you've chatted a little bit, start your pitch. Do it slowly. Make sure to breathe and look at them (but don't do the creepy stare-down thing, lol).
- Next is the question/comment period. Don't be afraid to ask them questions, too. This is a great opportunity to just talk to them-- use it!
- Regardless of whether you got a request or not, thank them for their time.
My own pitch session went extremely well. She was really enthusiastic about my story and requested pages (yay)! We talked a bit about the difficulties in selling a medieval and she gave me some encouragement and advice =)
So there you have it guys! I hope you enjoyed the posts and learned something!
Remember, next week I'm having guest bloggers, so make sure you stop by and show them your support!!!