Wednesday, December 29

Book Update

So far this year I've read 81 books. That number might increase by one or two before the 1st, but I'm not sure. Anyway, here are the books I've read since I last updated my list on here:

  • Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles (5/5)
  • The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer (school book)
  • The Book of Margery Kempe by Margery Kempe (school book)
  • Torment by Lauren Kate (3.5/5)
  • Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles (5/5)
  • Three Nights With A Scoundrel by Tessa Dare (4/5)
  • Gone by Lisa McMann (2/5)
  • Becoming by Tina Lynn Sandoval (critique)
  • Seduced by a Highlander by Paula Quinn (4/5)
  • The Road by Cormac McCarthy (re-read for school)
  • A Concise History of Canada’s First Nations by Olive Dickason (school book)
  • Ten by Tina Lynn Sandoval (critique... but still a 5/5)
  • Keeper of the Isis Light by Monica Hughes (school book)
  • Tempt Me, Taste Me, Touch Me by Bella Andre (3.5/5)
  • Matched by Ally Condie (5/5)
As you can see, I haven't read much since the last update. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time. However, I got a lot of books for Christmas and my birthday, so I'm hoping to get some reading done soon.

What good books have you read recently? Have you read any of the above books? What did you think of them?

12 comments:

  1. I devoured the Hunger Games trilogy last month. Highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received several books as prizes recently, so am working my way through them. I have not read any from your list. I will look them up.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "had to read for school" disclaimer. I personally read the Canada one just because it sounded interesting and I give it a 6 out of 5 for danceability.
    I'm lying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice annual book tally! 81... not too shabby. I was trying to crack 100, but stalled out at 68 books. I really fell off the pace in the fall when pregnancy became more of a reality!

    Happy New Year, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished The Ranger by Monica McCarty and it was awesome. (Naturally.) The only book on your list that I read was The Road. It was too depressing for me. Oh and some of the Canterbury Tales but that was so long ago, I can barely remember reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meika- I read the first one. It wasn't my favourite,but I do have the other two on my shelf. I'll get to them eventually lmao.

    Glynis- Neato!

    Tina- Lol yep.

    Teri- Lol. That's more for my own sake when I look back in a few years ;)

    Amber- Thanks! I was hoping for 100 too but the past few months have killed my reading time. I hope you have a wonderful new year!

    B.E.- Yeah, my mum loved that one. She got it on the kindle (I'm in VA still). I just picked it up yesterday, but I have a billion books I need to read first lol. And yes, The Road was depressing. I've read it twice now, both times for school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Ten by Tina Lynn Sandoval too!! LOVED it, five out of five from me too.

    Another book that I LOVED, with all my heart, is Anna and the French Kiss. I still can't stop thinking about it.

    Happy New Year Nat!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Di- Hehehe. I got that for Christmas from Mel. I haven't read it yet, but I'm looking forward to it! =) Happy New Year darling! I hope its been wonderful so far =D xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's impressive! I've enjoyed looking around your blog and getting to know you a little. I love your blog title! I'm a "pre-published" author as well. Anyways, I'm your newest follower! Happy New Year!

    ~Carla

    carla-jansen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi girl, I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award.
    See it at this link:

    http://novel-moments.blogspot.com/2011/01/awards-awardsid-like-to-thank-my.html

    Pass it on and keep doing a good job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...