Monday, January 17

A Much Needed Update

Hello everyone! Wow, it's been a long time since I last posted, eh? Sorry about that! After my surgery in November everything became so hectic! However, with a new semester comes a new measure of calm-- at least until my next surgery.

Anyway, since it has been so long since I've posted, I thought I would do a bit of an update! Here goes...

School:
  • I did really well in all of my classes last semester! Yay! While I did like my classes, I'm glad they're done. The workload was insane and I was barely keeping up.
  • A new semester has started! Not as yay, but meh. I am now in Ancient Greece, Indigenous Peoples of Latin America, Canadian Drama, and the History of Film.  So far I'm really enjoying them. Last semester was all about my major (English). This semester, however, I'm in 3 history courses and only 1 English. I think I burnt myself out on the English there. Oh well. At least I'm taking courses in my minor.
Personal:
  • My trip to Virginia was wonderful, as always. It was so nice to see everyone there and get away from this blasted weather. *glares out window*  It is seriously freezing here. -30 Celsius seems to be our average recently. Sometimes its even worse with the windchill.
  • Unfortunately, I am scheduled for another surgery, this time for my left arm. My first surgery seems to have gone really well and I already notice a huge difference. Hopefully my left arm surgery will go just as well! Anyway, its on February 16th.  I hope to get some pictures of my arm up here soon, I promise!
There you have it! A lot has been going on with my writing, too, but I will save that for a Wednesday post!

So what have you guys been up to? I haven't been keeping up with blog posts (oops), so I have no idea what's going on! Any exciting news? How were your holidays?

PS. I have decided to keep track of the books I've read right here on the blog. If you look at the top of the page, you'll see a link titled Books of 2011. I will update this every week or so with my newest reads! If you have any questions about the books, or would like a review, just let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I was just thinking earlier today that it's been awhile since your last post. Well... welcome back! I'm glad your surgery went well.

    How'd you like Anna and the French Kiss? I absolutely LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth- Lol yeah, I've been very quiet recently. Im going to try and post more again though! And yes, I adored Anna and teh French Kiss. It was soooo good =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Good to see that your last semester went well, and I hope your semester of mostly history goes well, too. Yay for a wonderful VA trip. And woohoo for the last surgery working out well for you. =o)

    Hmm, since we last talked the only major thing was that Daughter got accepted to Colorado State. The writing is chugging along, but no major news. Everything else is same-same.

    I can't wait for your Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you did well in school and that your surgery was successful. Hope the next one goes well too! Your new class schedule looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. B.E.- Thank you!! I can't believe its been so long! I didnt realize Id been slacking that much. Oopsie! And WOOHOO for Daughter! Congrats to her =D

    Angie- Thank you! And yes, so far they seem really interesting. I hope they stay that way. *crossing fingers*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...