Monday, February 28

Backup Your Files!

Okay, so we've all heard that we need to backup our files. However, a lot of us don't do it as often as we should. I used to do it once every two weeks... until my netbook died. That's right. Pinky, my lovely pink netbook that I got in October, crashed. I brought it to Best Buy and they were able to recover all of my files, thank gawd. Apparently my hard disk had died.  Now I backup my files every few days. I'm also thinking about doing an online backup.

But the strangest part of this whole story? In the last month and a half, two of my friends also had their computers crash. Unfortunately for them, they lost all of their files.

So the point of this blog post? BACKUP YOUR FILES! Don't wait to do it. Do it NOW.

15 comments:

  1. someone I know ALSO had their computer crash last week. So strange

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once lost 30,000 words because a hard drive died. I back-up every week without fail now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We already talked a little bit about it, but my netbook crashed after only a couple months too. It was my hard drive as well =/ I nearly lost all of the files, but managed to save a few. And a lot of them are in my e-mail *phew*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder because I tend to put it off.
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna- OMG! Im so sorry!

    Kaitlyn- Ugh, thats crazy. I hope you back up now!

    Catherine- You're welcome =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, sorry Kaitlin. I used a "y" instead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad they retrieved everything!

    I love dropbox. You download it and a little folder appears on your desktop. Anything you put in the folder is copied into your password protected folder at dropbox.com. You can access it from your computer or online. They have a free option or a fee option with more storage. If you want to sign up, let me know...if you use me as a reference I get more space. ;)

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also a dropbox fan!!! I luffs it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla- Lol alright. Thank you for the idea! I'll check it out. I was originally thinking about Carbonite. Everything is done automatically. =)

    Laina- Lol I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sad face*

    So. True. If only I would have backed up. Thank God I didn't lose the whole book.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Di- No kidding. That would have been awful =( *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  12. My fellow canandian I have given you the Stylish Blogger Award. Pop over to my page to see what you need to do

    ReplyDelete
  13. I realize several people already said this, but seriously...dropbox. I can't remember how much space is free, but enough for a few books at least. So I use it for my writing, but not pictures, etc. Still. My writing is always safe and updated, no matter where I worked on it last. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janine- Ohh! Thanks for your input. I still have to check it out lol. I've been too busy. *sighs* lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...