Tuesday, March 8

My Surgery

*WARNING: PICTURES OF MY INCISIONS BELOW*

Okay, as promised, here is an update on my arm. I went and got my stitches out last Thursday and my surgeon gave me the news.
  1. My left arm was quite a bit worse than my right one. I have some permanent damage, but there's nothing they can do. It shouldn't be too bad, though.
  2. If we'd waited even one more week, I would've needed the huge surgery and my semester would have been a write off. Phew, that was close!
  3. I'll have the same pain level (it hurts a lot), for the next month.
  4. It'll be about a year before I notice any significant difference.
So yeah. Both good and bad news, I suppose. It seems to be healing up nicely, even though it hurts.

But now, some pictures!

Left arm (and most recent surgery).
This is right before the stitches were removed. 
You can see some of the bruising still, even after 2 weeks.


Left arm again.
Stitches are out! You can see some of the pen marks still.
As well, my arm is pretty swollen around the incision area.


Right arm (surgery last November).
I couldn't get a good picture of it because of the angle, but here it is.
It has healed up nicely after 3 and a 1/2 months.
However, it's a lot darker than this picture shows.

6 comments:

  1. Those don't look bad at all, Nat. I'm sorry it didn't go as well as you hoped and that it'll take so long to see the end results, though. Hang in there. :hugs:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, hugs. Sorry that the second surgery couldn't do everything for your left arm that the first could for the right. But it'll still be an improvement over what you were going through before, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs! It doesn't look so bad, all things considered. I'm so sorry that the second surgery wasn't as successful as the first, but still at least it went well. Feel better soon sweets!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. B.E.- Yeah. They're healing pretty nicely. I'll get my mum to take more pictures in a day or so-- maybe then you can see them better. Thank you!

    Stephanie- Thank you hun. Well, we dont really know. The surgery is very iffy, so it could take years before we notice any difference at all... or there could be no difference. Nerves are funny that way.

    Di- Yeah. It could have been a lot worse. Thank you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had to experience that! The first picture made my stomach turn, then it got better when I saw it has nicely healed.

    author of The Greek Seaman

    http://jacquelinehowett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacqueline- Yeah, and that picture was taken when it was pretty healed already ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...