Tuesday, September 13

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme. Anyone can play along, just do the following:

* Grab your current read.
* Open to a random page.
* Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page. Be careful not to include spoilers - make sure what you share doesn't give too much away. You don't want to ruin the book for others!
* Share the title and author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teaser.


MY TEASER

 "Spinsterhood was a word that tended to invoke either panic or pity, but Penelope was coming to realize that there were decided advantages to the unmarried state. First of all, no one really expected spinsters to dance at balls, which meant that Penelope was no longer forced to hover at the edge of the dance floor, looking this way and that, pretending that she didn't really want to dance."

-page 33/34 of Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

I've been rereading a lot of my favourites recently (especially in the Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn). This series is fantastic and is undoubtedly a classic of the romance genre. If you haven't read these books, you're missing out.

4 comments:

  1. I've never read a Julia Quinn book, but I want to after reading this teaser. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jena- *gasps* You havent?! Shes a classic! I definitely suggest reading The Bridgerton series. They're amazing. It starts with The Duke and I. After that, she has 4 "meh" books, but her newest was amazing again =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer Medieval/Scottish romances over regencies, which is why I've never read her books. But I'm going to add her to my must-read list right now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jena- Yes, I prefer medieval/Scottish romances too. But I still love my regencies =)Quinn is a master of the genre.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...