Wednesday, September 7

WIP Wednesday





Okay, I'm going to keep this short and to the point!

A Highlander's Ransom:
  • I'm slowly trying to get back into the swing of writing again. Everything was going fairly well until I reached chapter three. To say I'm stuck is putting it mildly. Unfortunately, the exact same thing happened with Warrior Branded and Struck. Chapter three seems to be the Bane of My Existence and will be termed as such from now on.  I will work through it, it just might take me a little while, LOL.

  • I'm hoping to be done and ready to query AHR by January. I'm not sure how realistic that goal is with school starting tomorrow, but we shall see! If I'm a month or so behind, that's alright with me.
Writerly News:
  • I've just recently joined the Calgary Association of Romance Writers of America (RWA). I've been thinking about joining for a few years now, but finally decided to just take the leap and do it. So you are now looking at a PRO Member of RWA and a member of CaRWA. Woohoo!

  • As well, I plan on attending CaRWA's Fall Industry Workshop in a few weeks. Author and agent Deidre Knight from the Knight Agency will be there, as well as Emily Ohanjanians from Mira Books. I'm very excited to attend!

What about you guys? Any writerly news to share? Do any of you belong to RWA?

10 comments:

  1. I hate when you get stuck on one particular chapter - I always cheat and skip to the next one, and LOATHE having to revisit the sucky bit for revisions. Ah, the joys of writing...

    Also, yay for RWA! I've been thinking of joining for a while now, so keep us posted on whether or not it's worth it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If chapter three keeps getting you, stop thinking of it in terms of CH3. Write a really long chapter two and snip 3 out of it later, or write ch4 instead. (Cuz, ya know, sometimes it's just a mental thing. Or I could be off my tree, in which case, ignore me.)

    I thought about joining RWA, but the expense combined with the fact that I'm not a joiner held me back. Have fun with it and let us know how it goes. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh congrats! I'm a member of RWA and go to teh National con every year. Love love love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caitlin- I wish I could do that. I've tried to just skip, but I always end up going back to fix the trouble chapter (in this case, always chapter 3 lol).

    I've been a member of RWA at large for several years. I just havent belonged to a specific chapter. I would definitely recommend RWA to any writer with even a speck of romance in their stories--and even if you don't, it's an amazing organization.

    ReplyDelete
  5. B.E.- LOL that's exactly what my mom said. Honestly, I didn't realize chapter three was the problem until I stopped and looked back at my previous stories. So I dont think its anything mental that stops me. It just happens to be the spot in the book that tends to stump me for a bit, you know?

    Really? I thought you did belong to RWA. Yeah, it's quite expensive, especially up here in Canada. Our general membership is like 20 bucks more (bringing it to 100), and the yearly dues to a chapter is 40 bucks more that American ones (60 compared to the 25 of most places in the USA). Its ridiculous, but I hope its worth it. Like I said to Caitlin, I've been a member of RWA for years, I just havent taken the leap to a chapter. I'll definitely post my experiences with CaRWA and with the fall workshop on here =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen- I was able to go to RWA National in DC back in 2009. It was one of the best experiences of my writing career. I loved every moment of it. Unfortunately, with school and the wedding, I haven't been able to afford to go to another one since then. However, I am definitely hoping to go to the one in Georgia in 2 years =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting stuck is NO fun. I agree with B.E.: write a really long Chapter 2 and then snip 3 out of it later. Who knows, it just might work.
    Good luck!

    As you know, I'm a member of RWA, Hearts Through History, and Celtic Hearts. Right now I can't afford to attend any conferences. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jena- No, its not. I hate when I get stuck, especially when I know exactly what's supposed to happen. Yeah, I might just have to try it and see what happens.

    Yes, Im still hoping to join Celtic Hearts and Hearts Through History, but probably not for a few months. Conferences are so expensive =( I hope you can go to one someday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you become unstuck soon! I had considered joining the UK branch but not sure at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glynis- Thank you! I highly recommend it. I've been an RWA member for years and they're wonderful. Now that I'm a part of a specific chapter, I can't remember why I put it off for so long! They've been fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...