Wednesday, September 21

WIP Wednesday


Well, I'm not doing too well with my writing recently. School is kicking my ass already. It's not that my classes are particularly difficult (they aren't, trust me), but I'm having a lot of problems focusing. I think it's because it's my final semester and I no longer want to be here, LOL. On top of that, I'm exhausted. When I do have a few moments to myself, I don't have the energy to work on AHR. Instead, I've been rereading some of my favourite romances to try and keep my spirit from sinking.
It's been nice to get back to some of my old favourites. It isn't as good as working on my own story, but it's helping me from getting too depressed.

However, when I have found the time to work on my story, I've been trying to brainstorm ideas about my horrid chapter 3. I think it's helping, slowly but surely.  The Calgary RWA's Fall Workshop is this weekend, so I'm hoping I'll get inspired to write some more! Being inspired won't stop me from being busy, but it will make it easier to sit down and write even when I'm tired.

How are you guys doing? Any exciting news? What do you guys do when you're too tired to write?

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry - it's my last semester too (Hallelujah!!), so I can definitely relate to the severe lack of focus. Usually I force myself to write a minimum of 5 sentences to make myself feel productive ;)

    I'm glad you're keeping the spirits up, hope the workshop kicks your muse back into gear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin- Doesn't it feel wonderful? However, it is a slow torture lol. Hmm, that might be a good idea. Thanks! I hope so too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done well this last week either. I'm in a funk, and as a result my muse took a hike. I managed to briefly plot a novella yesterday, but can't seem to motivate myself to work on my WIP. I need to follow Caitlin's advice and get back on track soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :hugs: I wish I had some words of wisdom, but I'm empty this morning. All I have is 'when you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jena- Oh no! Not you too =( Im sorry you're having troubles. I hope your Muse returns soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. B.E.- Thank you, hun. At the moment, Im just trying to keep my head above water.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...