Incident One: A conversation I heard while in the university library...
- Blonde Barbie-Like Girl: *walks into the library with a group of other girls* “Oh my God, there are so many books here! I didn’t realize this place was so big!”
- Other Girl: *rolls her eyes* “Yeah, it’s called a library, genius. There are books in a library.”
- Blonde Barbie: “Oh. Do they have dictionaries here? I need to look up a word.”
- Me: *thinking to myself as they walk away: Was the word “library” to big for you? I'm surprised you know what a dictionary is. Dumb ass.*
Incident Two:In my History of Western Sexualities Class...
- Professor: “Okay, so for your book review you need to use Chicago style.”
- Random Student: “What’s Chicago style?”
- Professor: “It’s a form of citation, specifically for history.”
- Random Student: “Citation?”
- Professor: “Yeah, you know, like MLA or APA....”
- Random Student: *looks puzzled* “MLA, like… our… MLA?”
- Professor: *snorts* “Do you mean like our Member of the Legislative Assembly?”
- Random Student: “Yeah! That!”
- Professor: “Uh, no. I mean MLA citation for English classes.”
- Random Student: *blank look*
- Professor: “Perhaps you should see me after class…”
Incident Three: Pop machine fiasco...
- Alright, so I have to preface this incident by telling you a story of my own first. After my class a few days ago, I was really thirsty so I decided to buy myself a bottle of water. I made my way to the pop machine with my toonie and quarter ($2.25 for you Americans), and put the money in and picked out a water. However, when I pushed the button it said, "Option unavailable. Pick again." Well, okay then. So I picked another. And I got the same message. So I picked once again and got the same message. So I gave up and asked for my money back. Now, I put in two coins. What did I get back? Twenty two dimes and 1 nickle. -_- Are you freaking serious? I had to stand there as it went, "cachunk, cachunk, cachunk, cachunk, etc etc..." spitting out my money. Well, after that massive failure, I dumped my large pile of coins into my wallet.
- Now, the next day I was sitting by the pop machine when this guy walked up to buy a drink. I didn't really think about what had happened to me until I noticed that he hadn't moved in several moments. So I turned and watched him as he picked option after option, obviously getting the same message I did. Well, after a while, he asked for his money back (and got a small pile of coins, just like me). Now, I thought that was the end of it. I was wrong. Instead of walking away and trying a different machine, he put ALL of his money back in and picks a different number. It doesn't work. So he pushes a different button. When this doesn't work, he asks for his money back. And then he does the whole thing all over again! He went through this process a total of three times! THREE! He probably would've kept going except for a girl sitting across from me decided to say something. I know I should have said something, but I was laughing too hard into my hoodie to get the words out.