Friday, March 23

My Week in a Nutshell


--I received the first season of Game of Thrones as a belated Valentine's Day gift from my fiance (don't worry, he still spoiled me on February 14th too). My parents and I have been watching it and we're currently on episode six. It's an amazing show! We've actually had to stop ourselves from whipping through the whole season since there are only ten episodes!

--I received my wedding invitation examples in the mail. I'm really happy with them! We'll be ordering them mid May sometime =)

--Plans have been finalized for my first bridal shower April 22nd. We've booked the hall, figured out food and drinks, and come up with several game ideas. We'll be buying the invitations this week and sending them out ASAP. I'm very excited!

--Unfortunately, not all wedding news was good news this week. I found out that my maid-of-honor cannot attend due to personal and financial reasons. It has been really difficult, but there's not much anyone can do about it. I'm just trying not to think about it, I guess. I do have to say that this wedding has just been stress, stress, and more stress. I'll be glad when it's over lol.

--In my depressed state, I've taken to eating Easter chocolate, lol. My favourites are the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs and Cadbury's Caramilk Eggs. Yummy!

--I applied to attend my university convocation on June 1st and booked my graduation session with the photographer. It'll be nice to finally walk across that stage and receive my degree.

--I don't think I've mentioned this on my blog since the beginning of the year, but I've been keeping up on my New Years Goals. The one I'm most proud of is exercising regularly. I generally do the treadmill four to five times a week at about 30-45 minutes each time. I recently found out I can read and walk/jog at the same time (I get very bad motion sickness, so this is a new development for me lol). I'm very excited to get some reading time in while I work out =) My love of Easter chocolate has put a bit of a damper on my progress, but at least I'm still getting on that treadmill.

--My writing has gone well this week. I'm currently working on chapter five of AHR. The words are flowing and I'm happy. I just needed to do some rearranging in the chapter, which slowed me down some, but it's been good. I hope to finish the rough draft today and edit it tomorrow.

So there you have it! My week in a nutshell. A lot of it is good stuff, but the one bad thing just pulled my mood down. I've been feeling rather bleh since it happened and I'm not quite sure how to get out of the slump. Of course, this is probably something that will take a while to get over.

How was your week?

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your maid of honor won't make it. That sucks. :hugs: If you have a laptop, you could webcam her in. She won't be there for real, but she would be present in cyber form.

    Hurray for writing and exercising, though. The Easter chocolates are great for one and a killer for the other. My downfall has been Snickers eggs so far this year. If they made those in a mini, I'd be sunk.

    The week started out tiring, and it's been days of recovery since then, but I think I'm finally back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth- Thanks. We talked about that, actually lol. It's an entertaining idea, but I think it woudl be far too much trouble. We'll all be really busy that day, so I can't imagine adding tech stuff into that ;)

    LOL! Yeah, unfortunately my two favourites come in mini form, so it's just right for popping into your mouth, lmao.

    I'm glad you're finally back on track!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear your Maid-Of-Honor can't attend. That happened to my sis-in-law. She was disappointed, of course, but come wedding day all she could think about was marrying the man of her dreams. Hopefully all of your wedding stress will melt away the moment you walk down the aisle.

    WTG on all that exercising and writing! Your hard work inspires me like no other. =)

    I've had a rough week. I'm an exhausted, stressed out mess thanks to my new job. *sigh* On the bright side, only 2 more weeks and I get a whole week off for spring break. I plan to write and hang out with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen- Thanks. Yeah, it really sucks. I understand, but it's difficult. I know all of this stress will mean nothing to me when I actually marry him, but right now I want to elope ;) I'm not going to add another girl into my bridal party. It'll be uneven with Chris' groomsmen, but I dont want to "replace" her, ya know?

    Aww thank you hun =)

    Oh no!!! Im sorry your job is so stressful and icky =( I bet you're counting down the days!! It'll be nice for you to just relax and write your heart out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...