Wednesday, March 7

WIP Wednesday


Okay, so I couldn't come up with a post for Wedding Wednesday, so I thought I'd just give an update on how my story is going!

So as most of you know, I basically took 2011 off. I was finishing up my last two semesters of school, planning my wedding, and dealing with numerous family issues. I even had one of my arm surgeries in that time!  It was an extremely crazy year, and I was too stressed to write creatively. It nearly killed me, but I had to focus on my education and family.

Now, however, I'm done school and I'm in limbo for a few months while I wait for my fiance visa to go through. I have convocation in June and then I'll be moving shortly after that to Virginia. Then comes the wedding in August! So I'm pretty much planning that and... writing! 

Yep, I've been writing. Except for a week and a half where I had the flu, I've been regularly sitting down and hammering out words. At the moment, I'm sitting at 21, 045 words on A Highlander's Ransom (AHR) which amounts to a total of 69 and a half pages!!!

I'm SO happy with what I have right now.  My Alpha reader, a.k.a My First Line of Defence Against Suckage, read up to page 57 and LOVED it. Since the Chapter of Doom (chapter three) was part of those 57 pages, I'm very happy with my story right now. I can't wait to sit down and write some more tonight! =)

How are your stories coming along?? Do you go by word count or page count for your daily/weekly goals??

5 comments:

  1. I've managed to get my current one past the point where I deleted it the past two times, so it's going quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Nat! I'm so glad you're getting back to writing again. =o)

    I'm still in the middle of my end of winter bleh, so I'm not writing. I'm trying to just go with the flow and not force it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stu- Woohoo!! That's awesome. It always feels amazing when you get past the trouble spot =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth- Thanks hun! =) Yeah, don't push yourself. You need to trust your instincts and take a break. Read your favourite authors, watch some movies, and just relax as much as you can! Inspiration will come =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nat - Yay for you! I'm so happy you're done with school and can write again.

    My job day has me feeling too worn out and stressed to focus, so I've only written a few paragraphs a day. It's not much, but all I can manage right now. I need to make writing a bigger part of my weekend routine, starting this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...