Wednesday, March 14

WIP Wednesday


Okay, so I haven't done as much this week as I would have liked. However, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I've been doing a lot of research for my story, so I'll take that as progress. I've also been working on the next chapter and I really like it so far =)

As well, I joined the Celtic Hearts Romance Writers group on Monday night, which has taken up a lot of time--not that I'm complaining! I've had a blast so far. Everyone has been so warm and welcoming. I have no idea why I put off joining for so long (aside from my college student budget lol). I still want to join Hearts Through History, but I think I'll wait a few weeks before I take that leap. I want to have time to adjust to being part of Celtic Hearts before I join yet another group, LOL!

What about you guys? Do you belong to any writer groups?

At the moment, I'm a PRO member of Romance Writers of America, Calgary RWA (CaRWA), and Celtic Hearts. I'm an extremely solitary writer--I don't like sharing my work with anyone until I'm done with it. But by being part of these groups, I get to talk to other writers who are going through the same things as me.  The company alone has been worth the money =)

2 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to join some writing organizations but the membership fees do get in the way a little. Maybe when I'm more financially stable. Plus there are so many options that it's hard to pick which ones to join.

    Have fun and enjoy the group you joined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn- Yeah, they can get expensive, especially with the RWA. You have to pay the big RWA fees, plus fees to join each chapter. They vary depending on what country you're in, or what type of chapter they are. CaRWA is a heart stopping 65 dollars a year on top of the RWA fees. Whereas some of the groups in Virginia are only 25 dollars. *shrugs* I don't know why there is such a huge difference.

    Thankfully, Celtic Hearts was only 15 dollars--and so far, it's been worth every penny.

    If you're unsure which groups to join, you can go to a few of their meetings with no cost. I know CaRWA has a two meetings policy to see if you like the group. I'm not as familiar with the other writing organizations, but I'm sure if you did a bit of research, you'd come across the right groups. And if you still don't know, start with something small like an online group =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...