Friday, May 25

Update & Exciting News!

Hello all! I thought I'd do a bit of an update again today =)

Personal:

- I have finally booked my interview and physical for my Fiancé Visa in Vancouver! Yay!! It was a lengthy process, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope everything goes smoothly *knocks on wood*  My mum and I will be flying out on June 5 and returning June 7. We'll be pretty busy while we're there, but I hope we can still do a bit of site seeing. I've been to Vancouver before, but its been a few years.

- My dress consultant called me the other day to tell me that my wedding dress is in! How exciting is that?! Too bad I can't go see it =( Oh well. I did, however, go ahead and book my alterations appointment for the beginning of July.

- As for other wedding things, I've booked my bridal portrait shoot, as well as my meeting with the florist. In addition to that, I also booked all of the beauty appointments for the wedding day (it took forever on the phone--over 30 minutes). It is NOT easy to book several different things for four women. I don't recommend it, LOL!

Writing:

- I have opened Struck again! Woohoo!! In two days I wrote over 1200 words! It's not much, but it's a lot more than I'm used to! It was so easy--I didn't even notice how quickly it happened.  I wanted to work on AHR, but I'm not going to complain about new words! =)

- For the past week I've been a judge for an RWA writing contest. I'm not going to say which contest,* but suffice it to say, it's been really fun! I can't wait to share what I've learned with you guys =)

Alright, on to the fun stuff! I decided to save the best for last....

One of my good friends (and occasional critique partners), Diana Paz, announced some amazing news earlier this week. Not only is she being published in the anthology Felt Tips under the name Diana Cruz, but she just signed a publishing contract with Rhemalda!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG! I am sooooo excited for her! I was blessed to read Twists of Fate when she was still working on it, and let me tell you, it's very good. I can't wait to see this baby in print! =) Congrats, hun--you deserve it!! <3 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo.

So what have you guys been up to??

*I'll tell you guys which contest once the winners have been announced ;)*

6 comments:

  1. I get tired just reading about all the wedding planning details. I can't imagine actually living it. And you get extra duty because you're immigrating here. Ugh. :hugs: Hang in there.

    Way to go on the words! 1200 might not seem like much, but it's awesome. Yay for your friend! That is exciting news.

    Nothing much going on here. A little writing, a lot of reading, playing shuttle-service for Daughter and her summer job. Ah, the exciting life of a writer-mom. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth- LOL! Those were just the "big" things I did for the wedding. There were a million other things on top of that =P Thank you hun. It's been difficult, but I think I'll be okay. I just need to get through the next three months.

    Thank you!!! I'm very happy with my wordage LOL.

    What job did she get this summer? I don't think I remember seeing it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wedding countdown is underway! Sounds like you're checking a lot of things off your to-do list. *claps hands*

    Have you seen the TV show "Four Weddings"? I enjoy seeing all of the ridiculous wedding ideas and watching the girls critique the other brides' big day.

    Great job on the word count! Every sentence you write is worth celebrating. Congrats to your friend - that's so exciting!

    This weekend I plan to read, maybe write, attend my goddaughter's first birthday party, and continue my job hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen- Yep! Every single day is packed with wedding/moving stuff. It's exhausting lol.

    Yes! We have the American version and the Canadian version. My mum and I like to watch it to make fun of the crazy brides and their 50K wedding, LOL!

    Thanks hun!!! I hope you have a relaxing weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the wedding excitement!! I'm so thrilled for you, and I can't wait to see pics of the big day. I know it must be hectic now, but it will all be worth it! <3 <3

    And THANK YOU for sharing my big news! HUGS! I feel like dancing every time I think about it. You are a HUGE reason why my book is moving forward; you're a phenomenal critiquer and I'm lucky to have you on my side. <3 <3

    Thanks again, punkin! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Di- Aww thank you hun =) I know it will all work out in the end. It's just getting there that's stressful, LOL!


    You're welcome, love!! I am SO proud of you!!! Awww, thank you *bashful* xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...