Hello all! I thought I'd do a bit of an update again today =)
- I have finally booked my interview and physical for my Fiancé Visa in Vancouver! Yay!! It was a lengthy process, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope everything goes smoothly *knocks on wood* My mum and I will be flying out on June 5 and returning June 7. We'll be pretty busy while we're there, but I hope we can still do a bit of site seeing. I've been to Vancouver before, but its been a few years.
- My dress consultant called me the other day to tell me that my wedding dress is in! How exciting is that?! Too bad I can't go see it =( Oh well. I did, however, go ahead and book my alterations appointment for the beginning of July.
- As for other wedding things, I've booked my bridal portrait shoot, as well as my meeting with the florist. In addition to that, I also booked all of the beauty appointments for the wedding day (it took forever on the phone--over 30 minutes). It is NOT easy to book several different things for four women. I don't recommend it, LOL!
- I have opened Struck again! Woohoo!! In two days I wrote over 1200 words! It's not much, but it's a lot more than I'm used to! It was so easy--I didn't even notice how quickly it happened. I wanted to work on AHR, but I'm not going to complain about new words! =)
- For the past week I've been a judge for an RWA writing contest. I'm not going to say which contest,* but suffice it to say, it's been really fun! I can't wait to share what I've learned with you guys =)
Alright, on to the fun stuff! I decided to save the best for last....
One of my good friends (and occasional critique partners), Diana Paz, announced some amazing news earlier this week. Not only is she being published in the anthology Felt Tips under the name Diana Cruz, but she just signed a publishing contract with Rhemalda!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG! I am sooooo excited for her! I was blessed to read Twists of Fate when she was still working on it, and let me tell you, it's very good. I can't wait to see this baby in print! =) Congrats, hun--you deserve it!! <3 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo.
So what have you guys been up to??
*I'll tell you guys which contest once the winners have been announced ;)*