Friday, May 4

An Update!

Hello everyone!!

So I decided to do an update today. I haven't done one of these in a while, so it might be a bit long--sorry! =)

To start things off, I'm going to post a picture of my cat getting her nails clipped...


No, I kid you not. That's my cat lounging in my mums arms while her Claws of Doom are trimmed. We've always found her laidback attitude amusing, but she was extra relaxed on Sunday. I mean, look at her! She looks like she's about to fall asleep!

Personal:

-I received a letter of approval from the United States Consulate in Vancouver two weeks ago. I have made it past several stages so far, which is a good sign. I just have to fill out a million forms (which I've been doing for the past few days...), and then I'll be able to book my interview and physical. Unfortunately, both need to be done in Vancouver. So guess what that means? Yep, I'll be taking a wee bit of a trip sometime in the next few months lol. As you can imagine, I wasn't pleased when I found out, but there's nothing I can do about it. I just hope I can schedule both of them in the same trip. Otherwise, I'll have to fly to Vancouver... twice. Oy.

-As you know, my Bridal Shower went really well. I had a lot of fun and I think everyone who went had a blast =)  Well, this past week I've been checking things off of my wedding registries, uploading pictures to Facebook, and writing thank you notes. It's been fun =) The picture to the right is of my signed apron!

-I had a bit of a spending "spree" this weekend. I ordered two university hoodies, a university mug, my bridal jewellery (squee!), the bridesmaids' big "surprise" gift, and... MY WEDDING INVITATIONS! WOOHOO! I'm very excited about it. I ordered examples back in March and LOVED them, so I'm excited to get the complete set now =) I'll post pictures when they arrive!

-This one is extremely random, but I've learned that my cat loves cucumbers and orange peppers. We knew she loved cucumbers, but the orange pepper was a surprise....

Writing:

-I don't know when I last gave an update on my writing, so I'll just give a brief overview. I'm now at 26, 529 words. It's not nearly where I wanted to be (not even close), but I'm trying to cut myself some slack. I need to take into consideration how busy--and stressed--I've been before I start berating myself. I still love my story, which is all that matters. I'll just keep chugging along until I finish this sucker lol.

School:

-I know I've mentioned it before, but I went and had my university graduation pictures taken a few weeks ago. The proofs just came in and they're really nice! Seeing them makes me realize how close I am to "officially" graduating. In one month, I'll be walking across the stage to accept my degree. I have a feeling I'll cry--as will both of my parents. I don't see how we couldn't. Finishing university is a huge accomplishment for me and my family.

- I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but one of my bridesmaids (Kelsey) is up for valedictorian at our university. We don't know if she's going to get it yet, but I really hope she does. I think it would be so cool to have one of my best friends be the valedictorian of my university for 2012!


Kelsey & I at the Bridal Shower =)

So there you have it! A quick update on what I've been up to =)

How have you guys been? Any weird cats in your family?? Any difficulties with the government? Any writing news?

4 comments:

  1. I'd have to drug my cats to get them to sit that still for claw clipping time. Isn't the phrase 'weird cat' redundant? My Kira has decided she loves Strawberry Milk & Granola bars. She also freaks out around Tension Tamer tea.

    Hooray for all the great stuff happening in your life right now. Sorry the immigration thing is a pain, but once you're through, you can come on down. Yay!

    Here? The Daughter is wrapping up her first year of college. Other than that, it's pretty much the same as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's one relaxed cat! No feline stories for me, as I'm allergic to cats and avoid them at all times. My Doxies, however, dig bananas and go crazy whenever I eat one.

    When I read that you had to have an interview, I immediately thought of the Sandra Bullock/Ryan Reynolds interview scene from "The Proposal". I hope your immigration interview isn't that amusing. ;)

    Take care and don't stress over all of the life changes headed your way. Every task you cross off of your to do list gets you one step closer to VA and your honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth- LOL! Yeah, our cat is very relaxed around us. She hates everyone else, but she's comfortable around her "minions". Haha yes, "weird cat" is redundant. My mum told me that too =P Heheheh, I'm glad to know my cat isn't the only one with weird taste.

    Yeah, the immigration paperwork has been painful. Mostly, it's gathering everything together--birth certificate (which mine doesn't qualify for the American government, so I've had to apply for a new one), all of my immunization records, a police record check, yadda yadda yadda... I just hope that once it's all said and done, I don't have to look at another form for a while, LOL!

    Yay for Daughter finishing her first year! Has this semester been better than her first?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen- Hehehe yes, our cat is very cuddly. She will let us do anything and she'd be fine with it. Aww, it's too bad you're allergic! She cat be a royal pain, but I do adore her.

    A banana?!?! That is so weird!!! I can't think of anything strange my dog loved. I'll have to ask mum if she can think of anything.

    LOL! I adore that movie. Luckily, my interview isn't like that. Basically, they want to make sure I am who I say I am and that I'm not marrying him simply to get into the country. From what I've heard, it'll be very basic questions--and most of them about me. Chris doesn't have to do an interview at all, the lucky guy LOL.

    Thanks hun. It is difficult to remain calm sometimes, but I haven't had a major breakdown yet *knocks on wood*

    LOL! It's funny that you mention crossing things off lists, because I'm a notorious list maker, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...