Wednesday, June 13

Convocation Pictures!

 Kelsey & I
 Dad & I
 My parents & I
 Walking in!!
My section! Anthropology, English, then History.
 Kelsey giving her speech as Valedictorian!
 My mum & I
 Me! All graduated =)
 I had a hood! Made me feel like I was in Hogwarts =)
 My hood--it gave us all a little turtle tail, LOL!
Mum & I
Well you couldn't expect us to stay serious for very long, now could you?

This is quite belated, but I thought I'd still do a blog post about convocation... 

As you can see, I had a lot of fun. Even though I technically finished my degree in December, most of my university friends graduated with me in June. I knew everyone (with one or two exceptions) in the first six rows of where I sat (Anthropology first, then English, then History directly behind me). It was a wonderful experience being surrounded by all of my friends from school. 

The ceremony was rather short (all things considered), which I appreciated! As well, I can now reveal that my bridesmaid Kelsey was the valedictorian for our ceremony. She knew for a few months but she made me swear not to tell anyone until after (the secret nearly killed me, hehehe). She was super nervous, but she did a fantastic job--even earned a standing ovation from the entire crowd. We English majors stick together ;)

So yes, I now have my Bachelor of Arts degree in English with a minor in history =)

Thank you to all of my online friends who supported me throughout the years. Without your guys' continuous encouragement, I wouldn't be where I am today =) 
xoxoxoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Looks like it was a fun day.
    Two years ago, I went to my son's convocation, my alma mater, and, as an alumus, I got to say my vows again. It was rather moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne- Thank you! It really was a wonderful day =) Aww, that must have been quite memorable for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You rock. Kelsey rocks. Your parents rock. =oD

    It looks like you had a nice ceremony and that you all had fun. Stuff like that is so serious in so many ways - it's good that you had a chance to be silly in the middle of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth- Hehehehe, thank you ♥

    Yeah, we are always able to be silly, regardless of the occasion =P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...