Friday, July 20

Copyright Infringement: Ceasing Man Candy Monday

So I was strolling through my blog list today (something I rarely get to do anymore because of the wedding), when I came across this post by Roni Loren. In the post she admitted that she had been sued over the past few months for using a picture on her blog that was not hers. She followed every step the exact same way I would have--took down the picture when the photographer notified her, etc etc... But apparently that wasn't enough. She had to get lawyers involved and had to pay money...

Well.

I don't know about you guys, but that sounds like absolute hell. I can't afford the stress something like that would cause me and my family. Therefore, I have made the painful decision to cease my Man Candy Monday posts. Trust me, this was a difficult decision for me to come to, but I simply don't have the time or patience to check the copyright on each picture I post. That also means I will be making a mass deletion on all of those posts. I will also slowly be going through my other posts to make sure I delete those pictures as well--this will take some time, especially since I'm so busy, but it will be done ASAP.

As Roni says on her post, it seems rare that something like that would happen to me, but it did happen to her. I just can't take that chance.

I'm sorry guys, I know that is a main feature of this blog, but I hope you all understand.

*I don't know why it keeps doing that white background on some parts but I don't have the time or inclination to fix it at the moment, lol*

**I have since realized how much work would be involved in taking all of the pictures down, so I will just leave those up and pray nothing bad comes of it. I won't post any other pictures from this point on unless they are mine, or I have permission.**

6 comments:

  1. Weird. Sorry that happened to her and that you have to take your photos down. Too bad about Man Candy Monday, too, even if I rarely stopped for it.

    I thought it was only a problem if you were making money off said image, but I'm no lawyer. I guess I should do the same to my blog, but after all these years, it would take me forever. I'll just stop from here on out and hope no one gets their undies in a wad over what's still out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth- I know, I was shocked when she posted that. I know it CAN happen, I just never thought it would happen to anyone I knew. I thought the same thing as you, but Roni made no money off of it and she still had to pay them in the end. I just can't take that risk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I decided to change my blog after reading your post and the one from Roni. So shocking! But I'd rather not take the risk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went through and deleted a bunch of images off my blog last night. Today, I'll check my older blogs. just to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen- You're welcome!! I was shocked by what happened too. I agree, it's just not worth the risk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth- Yeah, I'll eventually have to do that too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...