Wednesday, July 18

Much Needed Wedding & Life Update!


Hello everyone!

I’m sorry I haven’t been around much—I’ve been running around trying to get wedding stuff finished.  I don’t have much time to do this post, so I’m going to get straight to the point!

Rings:
--Christopher and I have picked out and bought our rings. I'm not going to post pictures until after the wedding, but trust me when I say they are very nice =)

Florist:
--My future mother-in-law and I spent two hours at the florist's the other day, hammering out our choices. I adore our florist--her work is fantastic and we've never heard a complaint made about her. I can't wait to see what our flowers look like! As well, she is an adorable southern lady who insists on playing with my hair and giving me hugs lol. She's a lot of fun. I might need to stop by every so often just to have a chat after the wedding is done, LOL!

Cake
--We met with our cake lady at a coffee shop the other night to discuss flavors and designs. When we were there, a bluegrass band was playing, which was lots of fun to sit and listen to =) Our cake is going to be three tiers, so we decided on one layer being chocolate and the other two being a simple butter cake. She brought us sample cakes and they were delicious! Oh, and the “sample” cakes were BEAUTIFUL. I’m very excited to see what she comes up with!

Reception:
--We met with the reception place to discuss food. After a mix-up about time (not on our part), we finally figured out the menu for the wedding day. At the moment we are trying to figure out the numbers on the invoice they gave us… they simply aren’t adding up. But once we get that hammered out, I’ll feel better about all of it. Regardless, we know many people who have had celebration parties there and they had no complaints.

Church:
--We met with the minister the other day to discuss the ceremony details. We still have to pick out a specific scripture, but we’ve narrowed it down to two. I’m not particularly religious (nor is my family), so I want something that focuses more on love.  Either way, it was nice to get to talk to the minister and hear his thoughts. Luckily, he only had praise for Christopher and I—and we don’t need to meet with him for couples therapy, which is normally a requirement. But he said we are far more prepared then most couples and he sees no problems, so yay! =P

Shopping:
--On top of all of this, we’ve been out shopping for various wedding things, as well as welcome bags for the Canadians travelling to Virginia.  Strangely enough, we had the most trouble finding matching white wicker baskets for the twin flower girls. After going to ten stores, we finally located them at a small florist shop—and they were only a buck each!

Tuxes:
--We got Christopher and his brother fitted for their tuxes on Sunday =)

Apartment/Townhouse:
--Well, I’m pretty sure Christopher and I have decided to rent.  I won’t go into the nitty-gritty details, but we decided that would be best for us for this first year. It wasn’t an easy decision, but I’m okay with it when it’s all said and done.  Thankfully, we found a townhouse we LOVE about five minutes away from where we live right now. We went to see it on Saturday and fell in love with the entire complex (they have a giant POOL)! Unfortunately, there are some issues because of the fiancé visa, but we are hoping to get that squared away soon. Worst case scenario, we have to wait to sign a lease until after we’re married. That would suck, because we are already cluttering up the parents-in-law’s house with our furniture and bridal shower presents, but there’s not much we can do right now. I just hope we get in there!!

Favors:
--We've worked on the wedding favors—they are so cute! I can’t wait for you to see them. It took us about 5 1/2 to 6 hours of sitting there, but they look fantastic and they cost us very little. We got the boxes and the stickers and notecards for free. The only things we paid for are the Canadian chocolates (about 80 dollars), the ribbon (which was 50% off at Michaels, which brought all 10 rolls to about 5 dollars), and the tulle (which was about a buck).  All told, under 90 dollars is pretty good for 160 wedding favors =).  We are praying we don't have more guests than that. My future mother-in-law invited a loooooot of people, but she thinks most will say no, due to the date of the wedding (school starts that week).

--We’ve also finished up the favors for the rehearsal dinner.  Along the same lines, we also made the invitations for the rehearsal dinner and sent those out =)

Presents:
--We received our first wedding present the other day! We got eight place settings of our china from a mixture of Christopher’s family =)  We’ve been receiving a steady stream of bridal shower presents, so that’s been super fun! And we’ve been getting a bunch of the RSVPs back, which makes the mail quite fun right now, LOL!  As well, we also received the rest of our china from my mum and dad, as well as a set of Guinness glasses for the FH (he was quite pleased lol).

Random:
--As if the rest of this wasn’t enough in one week, we also went to a scouting event on Friday night up at Camp Ottari (a wonderful scout camp where Christopher and his brother spent numerous summers as boys). Normally I like going to the camp but the camp fire was lame (it rained and got super hot… then super cold), and I was also exhausted. I fell asleep in the jeep before we even left, then slept the whole way home. I don’t even remember getting into bed lol.

--As well, Christopher is in Seattle right now on a business trip. It is awful timing, but he’s gotta do what he’s gotta do. Its part of the reason last week was so hectic and crazy. I wanted to get everything scheduled and done so he could be there for most of it.

--I won't go into too much detail here, but Pawpaw isn't doing well right now. He has a blockage near his brain that's causing him to have mini strokes. He has a procedure and testing on Friday, so my mother-in-law is travelling up to be with them for a few days. I hope everything goes well.

--Lastly, one of my best friends is going into surgery today. I'm sure everything will go alright, but it's been weighing heavily on my mind. I hope everything goes smoothly for her. She will be in the hospital for about a week or two. I wish I could be there for you, Kels!! xoxo

Okay, I think that’s most of the major stuff right now. It’s not everything, but I would have to write an essay to go into everything!

*Btw, It is exactly ONE MONTH until my wedding day! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!*

4 comments:

  1. :HUGS: That's a busy time you're having over there. I wish there was something I could do to help. Don't forget to take some time for just you in there somewhere when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth- Yeah, I've got circles under my eyes and I'm always tired nowadays lol. I've tried to sit down and read, but I've only made it to page 75--I keep getting dragged over here and then dragged over there. Everyone is being super helpful, but I do need to take a breather at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're one busy gal! It sounds like you're right on track for your big day, though, so try not to stress too much. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get to sign the lease on your rental soon, and that all goes well for your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen- Yerp, I am crazy busy. Honestly, I`m not terribly stressed, just tired lol. I have everything scheduled out, so I know when to do what =) Thank you, hun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...