Friday, July 6

Wedding Update

Hello everyone!

So it's been a while since I've done an update, so I thought I'd let you all know how things are going...

If you're on my Facebook or Twitter, you probably heard about my troubles in customs. I was supposed to fly on Monday, but after spending two and a half hours in customs waiting for my fiancĂ© visa stuff to be approved, I missed my flight. The ironic part is, they won't let you go into customs more than two hours before your flight, so there wasn't much I could do. Unfortunately, all the flights that day were booked leaving Calgary, so I had to rebook to fly on Tuesday instead. It wasn't a huge problem or anything (except that my parents had already made the drive back to our town), but it was rather anticlimactic. I'd already had my emotional goodbye with my parents, and then I saw them four hours later LOL.

However, I did get to fly on Tuesday and I'm now here in Virginia. Alas, my luggage didn't make it on my flight, so I had to wait until the next morning to get it. Thankfully, everything is done now, so that's good =)

On the wedding front, my future mother-in-law and I went to pick out the tuxes for all of the guys earlier today. Then we went and I had my first dress fitting. I'm not afraid to admit I was terrified that my dress wouldn't fit or that something else would go wrong. Luckily, my dress fits PERFECTLY. The lady was actually shocked, because it's rare for a dress to fit so well. The only alteration I need is a bustle in my back to pick up my train. Other than that, it's finished. My waist looks shockingly small in it, and I adore the beading and all of the details on it. I am so excited to show you guys to see what you think!

Lastly, I picked out my veil, which is also gorgeous. I can't wait to show everyone!!! =)

Well, I think that's all for now. Next week is super busy for wedding stuff, so I'll update that as I go =)

I hope you guys had a wonderful holiday!

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see everything, Nat. I'm so happy for you. And in case I didn't say it before...

    Welcome to the USA. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth- Eeee, I'm so excited! I've been tempted to send you (and Jena) pictures so many times, but I've somehow refrained. I want you guys to see me when I'm all dolled up =D

    Aww thank you =) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! How awesome that it fit so perfectly.
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine- Thank you! I know, I'm so lucky that it fits so well =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so much closer to Louisville now that I really think you should come visit your blogger-in-law while you're still a Murphy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber- LOL! I can't come before the wedding, but I'll think about it in the fall ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the USA! This next chapter of your life is going to be so amazing. I'm very excited for you. And I can't wait to see you all dolled up in your wedding dress. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen- Thank you!! Heheh, I can't wait to show you pictures =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...