Friday, November 16

Movie of the Week: Kingdom of Heaven



Rated: R
Directed by: Ridley Scott
Time: 144 minutes
Release Date: May 6, 2005

Blurb:

From Ridley Scott, director of GLADIATOR and BLACK HAWK DOWN, comes a thrilling, action-packed epic of honour, passion and courage that "explodes with adventure" (Chicago Tribune). Orlando Bloom heads an all-star cast in this sweeping tale about a young knight during the crusades who must battle overwhelming forces to save his people, and fulfill his true destiny.

My Opinion:

I'm going to start by admitting that KINGDOM OF HEAVEN helped to inspire my first book, Warrior Branded. I've always loved tales of the crusades, so it's no surprise that I love this movie. I know a lot of people don't like Orlando Bloom, but he is wonderful in this film. The acting is top-notch, the music is stunning, and the costumes are beautiful--and most importantly, the film is  pretty accurate. As a history minor, I always get offended when historical movies overlook important details or when they blatantly change something to fit what Hollywood deems "acceptable." KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, however, stays true to the story, which I appreciate. I think any history lover will fall in love with this movie.

As for violence, it is rated R but I don't recall anything too gruesome going on. There are some battle scenes, but nothing out of the ordinary. Of course, it has been a few months since I last watched it, so don't take my word as gospel lol.

Trailer:



Have you seen KINGDOM OF HEAVEN before? What did you think??

2 comments:

  1. Orlando Bloom is super hot in this movie, which is a great medieval flick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- I agree. I loved him in this movie =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...